TREMORS

TREMORS

TREMORS I Have had a mastectomy and finished the chemo…Taxotere (had fec 1st with lumpectomy) …I have tingling hands and its got worse and feels like electriity is running through them (worse when i move) and my feet feel numb and stiff.i have tremors when i try to relax and lie still if i try to control it i want to scream out…I cannot tell if this is related but a MRI was orderd for my neck. Has anyone had this sensation…It is like shaking insider but gradually increasees until i have to move or scream.or both and then its like a momentary shiver or tremour like a bad cold… and i become momentarily highly distressed. I cannot get to sleep now so the doctor has given me sleeping pills (Tamazipan). When i do sleep i wake feeling like im on a waterbed…sounds great but it isnt. the water bed is inside from head to toe something washes over me. I cant be still even when i try to relax after 2 minutes its scream or move. I dont know if it is severe anxiety or something else. The whole thing is freaking me out. with no sleep and plenty of time to worry…now i have to start Radiotherapy…and don’t want it worrying i wont keep still for it…and will be distressed

Dear Rosia I have posted your post ‘Tremors’ in the ‘Undergoing treatment’ room where I feel you may receive more replies to your concerns.

Welcome to the forums, I am sure you will receive plenty of valuable support and information from the other forum users. However, if you feel that you would like to discuss your concerns confidentially with one of our helpliners please feel free to contact us on 0808 800 6000 Monday to Friday 9am-5pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

Kind regards
BCC Host

Hi Rosia I don’t know whether you tremors are associated with your treatment or not. It is possible that your suffering from some kind of shock. My hubby chopped two toes off in October and he still gets tremors. Mainly at night as he relaxes to go to sleep. They are easing but its taken a few months. Its very worrying for you and I thinkt you should contact your BC nurse to find out more.

All the best

Saffire xx