TRIPLE NEG WITH FAMILY HISTORY

Hi everyone,

Not surewhere to start but here goes, I have been diagnosed with triple negative BC  2.5cm. My sister was diagnosed 18yrs ago with triple neg and is now undergoing treatment again  for hormone receptive tumour diagnosed last year, In addition I have a cousin who had bilateral BC and had bilateral mastectomy. I have been to genetics testing for BCRA1 gene and was advised should have the result in 12-16 weeks.

My treatment plan at the moment is as follows, 3fec + 3 tax followed by WLE ( depending on BCRA1result) followed by radiotherapy. Got results today for SLNB which was clear ( good news). started chemo on dec 4th and despite feeling slight nausea for first few days I am doing fine,  I have been reading posts on here and find them inspirational and so positive and nice to feel I am not alone in this difficult journey.

Keep strong x

Wyn

Hi Wyn and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences you will find here, our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2 with further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 so please feel free to call

You may find the following links to more information and further support ideas from BCC helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/about-breast-cancer/primary-breast-cancer/types%C2%A0of%C2%A0primary%C2%A0breast%C2%A0cancer/triple%C2%A0negative

Take care

Lucy BCC

Hi wyn

Sorry you find yourself here but the forums are a great source of support and advice. If you havent done so already id suggest joining the on a monthly chemo thread so you can share with people who are going through it at the same time.

Even if you dont carry a BRCA mutation you might find speaking to wendy watson from the hereditary breast cancer helpline of some benefit.

I’m the opposite way round to your sis I had hormone pos bc in 2006 and then tnbc in 2009 in the other side but the ugger keeps coming back… So im on a research trial and that appears to be shrinking it.

I discovered i carry a BRCA 2 fault in 2010 after the second bc and have had a full hysterectomy.

Hope treatment goes well for you and your sis and doesnt spoil the festive season too much for you and your family.

Hugs
Lxx