Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRYING TO ORGANISE CINDERELLA DAY

42 REPLIES 42
ForumMember

Re: TRYING TO ORGANISE CINDERELLA DAY

Hi Nicky, Poannie, Sixpen etc

I am interested in a North Meet Up, especially if it's near a train station.

Love
Jen x

HeatherLou

Definitely up for an outing....

Love
Heather
x

AnneS

Hi Angee,

Thanks for your kind words.. It's still a huge shock - I go from feeling very strong and positive to just crumpling under the weight of all the worry and fears but it's early days and I guess it's just one step at a time. I'm more worried about my husband really at the moment but I think it'll be easier once treatment begins and we get into a routine with it.
I've been reading about your photography project and would like to take part if there's room for me. I very much hope to go to the Cinderella Day so maybe that would be the best photo opportunity. I know what you mean about people saying how well you look. My next door neighbour was only telling me a fortnight ago that I looked as fit as a flea and there couldn't possibly anything wrong with me and yet I get diagnosed with secondaries just a fortnight later!
It's so good to know that I'm not alone with this.

Best wishes,
Anne xx

angee

Hi AnneS,

Sorry that you are so recently eligible for Cinders Tea. It is a huge shock - I was diagnosed lwith secondaries last October (aged 39) and still wake uop some mornings and wonder if it really happened. Still very early days I guess.

I think our Tea at the Ritz needs to be very flexible with regards to not being able to fo at short notice as some of us have good and bad days and I suppose to a degree none of us can tell what we feel like a couple of months away. Goodness that sounds morbid, but you know what I mean! I think we are looking at April at the moment.

Lots of good wishes to you,

Angee xx

AnneS

Tea at the Ritz sounds fantastic! I was just diagnosed with secondaries last night as just 38 (my birthday was last week) - still reeling as it was after a routine CT so very small in lungs and no symptoms as yet. Hoping to start Taxol with Avastin in the next fortnight - so can't commit to a date until my treatment starts and I know what's going on. If I can say yes but am able to drop out if I can't make it through treatment and side effects then I'd be delighted to join you all. Would be so good to meet people dealing with similar things and fears.
I'm in South Wales but am happy to get the train to London in the day - will have to have 8weekly PET scans there anyway so maybe could combine but go ahead with a date that suits the majority as I can't be sure at the moment with treatment not yet set up.
I'm on the other site as bionicwoman if anyone needs to PM me about details etc.

india1

Would love to getdown to London to meet all of you but not sure if I can do it at the moment-but if there are any women in the North/ North west who can't get down, should we organise something up north? Let me know what you think,

Nicky xx

wendycrackers

Please count me in too!

Marilf

Hi Angee -- I would like to join the tea/champagne drinking event at the Ritz, too, if possible -- have sent you an e-mail.

Regards, Marilyn xx

ForumMember

Hi Dawn

When I tried to sign on here initially as 'Sheena' I couldn't so decided on Pinkdove and then realised (duh) that I'd signed up ages ago as Sheena but for some reason couldn't log back on as that (can't remember why).

It is a bit confusing having two names!!! Well, three really as my real name is Carol and the name 'Sheena' is my longest friend who I've known since we were both 11 and she was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 - 9 years after me and then one year after my secondaries.

xxx

angee

Me again....

Tea at the Ritz is sounding popular as it means people can travel there and back in the same day. I went on the website and it is £37pp so I thought I could let this thread run to about next tuesday then it will have been up for a week and then when I have an idea of numbers then I can give them a call and ask if they do a group rate & seperate sound proof area!!

It's great that there are so many that want to meet up,

Angee x

KatieP

I would love to come, I am in hertfordshire so London is easy. I just need notice so that I can sort work out. It would be great to put faces to names!
Kathryn

amberD

Yes please - Tea at the Ritz for me too - I know they are quite stingey about charity things as my firend is the manager of events and the cost can rage from about £35 - £150 pp they are a patron of another charity - but we can always try and see if they can doe anything for a group booking? I can do any days
xx

Jacksy

Brilliant idea. Count me in too. Tea at the Ritz sounds ideal as we can chat as long as we like. I'm sure they'd give us a private room if they thought we were going to be too loud!
I can do weekdays or weekends.
Jacquie

KatherineM

Hi all

Would love to meet for tea at the ritz - sure they coud organise something, actually its really convenient for me as very near my office (still slogging in).

Cathy

hemly31

Im in Harlow...abit far from Grantchester but could get there?

blondie

Hi All
I never remember the Live Chat - how many years have I been on this Forum?! I blame chemo-brain. I would love to meet up in London (away 19 - 26th April but free the rest of the time).
Jennywren - What about this E Anglia meet? Should we start a new thread and see what interest there is? I am in Colchester so 60 miles from Grantchester.

Blondie

hemly31

Hi Guys,

im surprised at what im reading at the moment, with not much info or support from various people (on other thread) to put things straight i havent seen my breast care nurse since i was diagnosed with secondaries and last time we saw each other she had tears in her eyes. Great support.

Anyway enough of my ramblilng... i would love to join im pretty young, 29, so im hoping i still count!! Let me know what you plan to do and i will try to join you all, would love to meet up with people and chat and gossip! It helps meeting new people.

keep me posted!

Thanks
xx

dm1968

Hi Angee

Yeah definitely count me in. Think you put in about evening/show etc, probably not a good idea, as then can't all get to chat and laugh etc. Reckon tea at the ritz and champers (lots of) a great idea, I have no worries about staying over, but need notice (silly comment I know as everyone does) but have to organise OH and muppets!!! You have my email I think Angee, but let me know if not. And thanks for remembering my hols (like I don't remind you all regularly - LOL) - hopefully be able to show off a small tan!!!!

Pinkdove I would never have known you are Sheena on the other site. I am boring and use the same old id!!

If you need any help Angee let me know and will try to do my best.

Lots of Love
Dawn
x

PS. Don't forget MSN .... how to contact you on it.

manon

IEast Anglia meet - I know the Red Lion at Grantchester. It would be perfect for me - on the other hand I'm happy to go further afield if it's more convenient for others.

x

Manon

fayjay69

Hello,

I would like to come. Just let me know the details and I will see what I can arrange.

I thought the chat session last night was really good.

chat soon

Fay 🐵

HUMPHR10

Count me in too. Angee I've sent you private msg (I think... well I hope it is!)

Kay123

Count me in as well (though I may also be away in early/mid April). Don't really mind what we do so long as we have the opportunity to chat! AM hoping to be back at work about the 23rd but will prioritise this! Think you have my email, Angee.

Kay x

joools

Hello, I am new to this site. Was diagnosed in oct 2007, having been to the doc with sciatic pain, which turned out to be secondaries on the spine. What a shock, back pain turned out to be cancer! surgery and radio in oct/dec, tamoxifen for the primary. So 4 months on what can i expect? Lots of tests, lots of waiting for results and lots of anxiety - for how long?

so you begin, slowly, to learn to cope and become a expert in the field - days of normality, days of anxiety.

only know women with primaries. live in london, so if you will have a newcomer, "WLTM others with similar" (as they say in the lonely hearts ads).

poannie

HI ladies

Would love to meet up, but I'm in Manchester! I can travel down to London but am restricted to weekends (hubby works during the week)

Not sure when I can make it though - got my reconstruction surgery 2 weeks today, then The Big Scan on 9 April to see if my hormone therapy has been working or not.... if not, then it's chemo time and I'm not sure if I'll be able to travel much then, depending on how it hits me....

More than happy to organise a Northern Meet Up though!!

xxxx

Jennywren

We would have to contact any hotel/venue to tell them of any special needs or mobility issues. If we wanted, I am sure we could get a private room or similar. I think once, when we met in Coventry, and had made the hotel aware of our situation, the hotel footed our dinner bill. (Never did quite get to the bottom of that one...)

Jenny
x

allie4

Hi All,
Wow! Sounds like I missed out on a good chat last night. Please count me in for tea at the Ritz, last train to the frozen North is 1921 I think. Also I am doing a trade show in NEC 6-9th April and its my birthday on the 15th.
Looking forward to it.
Allie

angee

You can exchange email addresses in private messages on this site x

ForumMember

Just a thought as I could have given you my email address.....

belinda

Hi again! no I don't. Belinda..x

ForumMember

Thanks Belinda

Do you post on the other site as well? I'm Sheena on there (just to complicate things!)

belinda

Will keep you posted Pinkdove. Belinda..x

ForumMember

Hi Belinda

Not been to Grantchester before - been to the Old Bridge at Godmanchester (I think it's Godmanchester??) before.

Will have a word with a couple of my other friends who have secondaries and see if they would like a trip out if you let us know when you're next meeting.

Pinkdove

belinda

Yes please to the Ritz. 🙂 Sent you an email last night Angee.
Manon and Pinkdove we normally meet at the Red Lion at Grantchester but we can meet elsewhere if it's easier.
Belinda.
xx

ForumMember

Hi Jenny

Whereabouts in East Anglia where you thinking of?

Pinkdove

manon

Angee

Definitely up for a day/afternoon/evening in London. April would be fine - just need a bit of notice as I'm still at work and might need to move things around a bit. You have my email I think Angee?

jennywren - if there is a lunch in East Anglia I'd love to come.

I keep missing out on the live chat - though it's great to be back at work I find that I'm asleep on the couch within minutes af getting in....

manon

ForumMember

Hi Angee

That's a point!!!!! Will we cause a commotion???!!!!

angee

Hi dippykate,

You are most certainly not a liability! I have bone mets too and at the moment find walking too far / too long very painful and tiring so tea would suit me too. I imagine there are a lot of people like us that are not as mobile or agile as they once were. And I'm sure the Ritz has comfy chairs!! But are they ready for a whole load of women to descend upon them...?

Angee x

ForumMember

HI Angee

I'd be interested and I'm sure a few of my other friends who have secondaries would think it was a good idea as well! You've got my email address I think - Ritz sounds good!!

Pinkdove

Jennywren

P.S.

To anyone in East Anglia,

We are hoping to arrange a lunch sometime soon. Anyone interested?

Jenny.

Jennywren

Kate - You are not a liability. We have found in the past, that it takes a bit of organising and some time, to come up with arrangements that suit the majority, but it can be done.

For my part, would love to be involved.

Jenny.

mrsblue

I don't do live chat (sorry was born in first half of 20th century... just) but I qualify for the proposed Day Out as I have secondary bc in bones. My hairdresser's daughter just happens to work at the Ritz... please keep me informed as to progress.

dippykate

Hi
I keep forgetting to log on at secondary chat time. Someone needs to prompt me i think!!
I would like to meet up with you all. As I'm not that strong anymore, I think I could only manage something like tea at the Ritz. It needs to involve walking as little as possible.I would not like to stay overnight but my trains run back quite late so not a problem. I would prefer an afternoon/early eveing meet but it does not matter if it is a weekday or weekend. I would have to come home earlier on a weekday but I suppose my inlaws could pick the children up.
just reading back what I've written and I sound a bit of a liability so arrange what the majority want to do and if I can make it i will.
Hope to meet you all
kate

angee

TRYING TO ORGANISE CINDERELLA DAY

Hello Everyone,

We had a lively and lovely live chat last night and it seemed that most of us were keen to meet up and I think by the end of the chat we decided as we are all far flung that it would make sense to meet up in central London.

As I have a lot of mail addresses from my photography project, I offered to start the planning but for those of you that are interested but have not contacted me about photography I thought I would start a thread.

So I wondered what we all would like to do.... Ideas from last night were high tea & champagne at the Ritz which I have checked out online, looks lovely. This would be in the afternoon so we could go there and back in the same day if we wanted to.

Other ideas were a meal or a show and some liked the idea of staying overnight in a hotel.

So if you could let me know what you would like to do, whether you would like a daytime meet or an evening meet, would prefer weekdays or weeked then we could get the ball rolling.

Also I thought maybe April time as the clocks will have gone forward so we will have more hours of daylight for travelling which always is nicer (although i know we are all big girls now). We must bear in mind dm1968 is on hols for first 2 weeks of April and i know she would like to be involved.

This is open to anyone with secondary cancer (and a friend or sister) who would like to meet other ladies with secondary cancer. Most of us have never met another woman face to face in the same position as us and others have met up previously and have thoroughly enjoyed it.

I look forward to hearing from you all and will mail those of you whose addresses I already have.

Angee xx