TUG flap thigh reconstruction - any experience?

Hello ladies - take 2 - this time I am facing a mastectomy and reconstruction and the most appropriate seems to be the inner thigh - I had radio last time - is there anyone there who might be prepared to have a chat with me about their experience of this option? I like hill walking and am very much into yoga and not much into medical stuff to be honest and am struggling a bit with the options! With much thanks

hi sorry i cannot advise but i too have just been diagnosed for the 2nd time in same breast, cannot have rads again but will need a mastectomy do not have any idea what choices there are, have 40e breasts so will be quite wonky . hope you get some advice and good luck for your op
xx

Hello FWright,
Sorry you are facing this again. Its really hard. I just wanted to suggest you post a thread in reconstruction or surgery as I think you might get more responses to your specific questions regarding this type of reconstruction (can BCC help at all?)
I had reconstructions with implants to cannot help at all.
Sarah, sorry to hear about your diagnosis- I had a breast cancer in left breast in 2009, then a cancer in right breast in 2012 so a bit different. Again, if you look/post in surgery/reconstruction you might get an idea of options. BCC also produce some good publications if you ring them, or they may post them on this thread when they look at this thread.
Do feel free to ask any questions if this helps.
Rattles, x

Hi there,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site. As Rattles comments, perhaps a call to our helpline may help, they can talk to you about all types of reconstruction and explain the processes to you. Calls to our helpline are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2. You might also get more replies if you post again in the reconstruction forum.

Hope this helps.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator