Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV Director looking to make a documentary

19 REPLIES 19
leucite

Re: TV Director looking to make a documentary

Hello Gail

I have just watched the documentary 'My New Breast' on BBC iplayer - link here http://bbc.co.uk/i/mqglb/

I just want to say what a fabulous programme. I started chemo two weeks ago following 2 lumpectomies in June/July. The programme had me in tears but it was also inspirational. You are very brave for doing the programme - congratulations.

Also congratulations to all those in the programme. I have not had to have a mastectomy and I think I would be in pieces if I had but this film must be inspirational to all those who have to go through it all.

Helen.

carmcg1

hi Spike, so sorry to hear your news, just to let you know im thinking about you, god bless

Carol xx

belinda

Dear Dawn..thinking of you..with love, Belinda..xxx

debsincornwall

Hi Spike,
really sorry to hear that news. Take care and keep in touch with us all when you can. My Macmillan nurse is coming to meet us Tuesday so I am trying to get my head around that as well.
Thinking of you.
Love Debsxxx

Spike

Hi and thanks for comments.

I think a number of people have put their name forward so I'm sure there are other people to take your place Debs.

Hoping you are all well. I unfortunately have not had the best news. I've been told that my disease has moved into the terminal stage. The Macmillan Nurse has been out today to discuss ways of making life easier. I'm just too tired to think about it all at the moment.

Best wishes.

Spike
xx

debsincornwall

Hi Spike,
Michael Attwells documentary can only go out 3 months after the person has died it is to follow the family and see how they cope with life after the loved one has died.
I was going to do it but my daughters were not keen so I pulled out. Not sure if they have found any one to take my place!
Love Debsxxx

SallyLou

Hi Spike,

The documentary was on BBC Scotland, but you can watch it on the BBC iPlayer - I found it by doing a search on breast cancer.

Sally

Spike

Hi all

I'm confused, Gail says her documentary is on "MONDAY 31ST AUGUST ON BBC 2 AT 9PM and hope lots of people watch it. Its called..........MY NEW BREAST!!!!" NOT Monday 14 Sep 2009 as reminded by renee. This is also not Michael Attwell's documentary either!

Spike

renee

just reminding you all documentary with gail on tonight 9pm bbc2

lillie

thanks gail, will also be watching x

peppapot

Well done Gail. I will definitely be watching. Thanks for letting us know when its on. xxx

smallstar

hi spike,
ive tried to pm you but its not letting me,if you could contact me i think it lets me reply ! i would like to talk to you about this !
Thanks
sharonz

debs

will watch with interest!! well done!

scobie

thanks gail I will also be watching it.Joyce xx

mazaroo

hi I for one will be watching xx

bud932

HI THERE

My name is gail and I just wanted to let people know that I have taken part in a documentry for the bbc about breast cancer. I was followed about by a video camera having everything filmed from mri scans,chemo,surgery my rads etc and also my family were filmed. The aim is to inform the public about diffrent treatments surgeries that are done and how cancer impacts all aspects of your life and those around you. 2 other women took part in the documentry. (Im the bald 1!!!!)

I really just want to let you know that it is on the telly MONDAY 31ST AUGUST ON BBC 2 AT 9PM and hope lots of people watch it. Its called..........MY NEW BREAST!!!! The girl who made it herself had breast cancer 3 years ago so she had been there done it and got the t shirt so to speak and i now have friend for life in donna.

I agreed to do it cos I felt if it helps 1 person with their diagnosis then it was worth the intrusion into my life. At the moment I am well and dont fall into the category of people you were looking for for your documentry. I hope to get some feed back on the forum as to what people thought so looking forward to any comment.

love
gailxx

Spike

Hi Belinda

Thanks for seeing this and flagging it in the Secondaries section, to be honest I wasn't quite sure where I should put it. This may well be an excellent way of bringing to the forefront our frustrations at not having a cure yet. Although I realise Michael Attwell is looking for families with children, their issues will be just the same as those who do not have children. The same frustrations remain, why can't we have all the treatments that are out there? We all want to live whether it be for our children, our partners or simply because this is not our time yet. We're all entitled to a long healthy life.

Anyway, I've had a few people put their contact details forward from this site and I'm sure they will be able to represent us all.

Best wishes.

Spike

Alloway

Hi Spike

How do you send aprivate message? Sorry to be such a tube!

belinda

Hi Dawn..hope you are feeling well..I've just flagged up your post in Secondaries as some of us are wanting to speak out about various issues and were discussing how to go forward..we have in the Living with Secondaries Forum a 'Sad and Frustrated at this Disease' thread we've been discussing various options on. Not sure the film you mention here would be appropriate as not everyone has children but it might be worth approaching Michael Attwell.
Belinda..x

Spike

TV Director looking to make a documentary

Hi all

I've been contacted by a Michael Attwell who is a well regarded television documentary maker. He would like to make a film about
women with serious illnesses and their families. If possible I think they would prefer older women with children over 18. The film will focus particularly on coping and on how illness impinges on normal family life. The director would be most grateful to talk to anyone who might be able to provide thoughts and background from their own personal experience, with no obligation to take part. All background and advice will help to raise public awareness of the issues involved and be of benefit to others who might one day find themselves in a similar situation.

The documentary will be made for Sky. The reason I was contacted was because I took part in the "Mummy Diaries" and the Director thought that I may be interested or at least be able to put this message out to women who may be interested in taking part.

Please feel free to send me a private message with your contact details which I can forward to the director if you are interested in having a chat with him.

I thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the "Mummy Diaries" and I think once again this is an opportunity for cancer sufferers to open up to the public.

Please don't hesitate to ask me any questions.

Best wishes

Spike