cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TV club

89 REPLIES 89
Carolyn52

Re: TV club

Yes ..I watched happy valley first-time round and it was superb ..Glad u enjoying it.
It's got a very exciting end to it.
rosie53

Hi, no I didn't watch glastonbury.  I am totally addicted to Happy Valley though!  Omg it's brilliant, I missed the first series so didn't watch the second one but it's now showing on Netflix. Sarah Lancashire is fantastic, who'd have thought it......she's come along way since playing Racquel in Coronation Street! 

Hugs Janette xx

Carolyn52

Did anyone watch Glastonbury ? Love cold play closing the show ...
Think I had the best seat ..choc and comfy chair rather than mud if I had gone.
Barton

Yes, Waffles, I watched all the series of True Blood, which is strange, because I normally hate vampire/zombie stuff! And that was extremely violent, too, which I also usually dislike. The only reason I can think of that I put up with it (cringing and looking away at many places) was that I knew it was all total fiction. Can't watch actual war films, etc.

Hugs. Barton.x

Waffles

Hi all,

I know some of us find it too violent and,  I agree, it is very violent. However, this week's Game of Thrones was possibly the most exciting programmes I have ever watched. My heart was thudding away watching it.

Has anyone ever watched True Blood? It's about vampires and while it is fairly violent is also very funny  and totally addictive. I love it as much as GOT. xxx

Carolyn52

Helen
Phew ..I couldn't watch that amount of tv I couldn't keep up with all the chocolate I would b eating whilst watching !!
Apparently only 10% the UK population don't watch game of thrones ..I'm one of them ...too gory for me.
Carolyn xxx
helen44

I hadn't been following this thread but I noticed Chocolates was following The Good Wife - last episode ever coming up this weekend - I love this programme & have seen all 7 series. Liked Juliana Margueiles in ER as Nurse Hathaway too. ER was a brilliant series.

Tend to record lots of foreign language drama series as once you get past the subtitles they are all very good - The Bridge, The Killing, Borgen, Spiral, Arne Dahl, Trapped, 100Code, Thicker than Water, 30 Degrees in February, Dicte, The Disappearance - to name a few!

Follow plenty of US series as well - ER, House of Cards, The Good Wife, Madam Secretary, Six Feet Under, Prison Break, Billions - again to name a few.

Love British programmes too - Line of Duty, Only Fools, Yes Prime Minister, Blackadder.

Guilty pleasures (trash tv as my OH calls it!) include Say yes to the dress, 24 hours in A & E & police custody amd Teen Mom!!!

And finally, in case you were wondering boy does she watch a lot of TV, I enjoy watching any mens' professional road cycling that's on - Tour de France etc - love those men in lycra.......Smiley Very Happy

I do work and go outside to play as well - ha ha xxx

Barton

I don't watch Thronecast, Waffles, so didn't know for definite about the battle, but I have read a couple of speculations.  Well, we will know tomorrow (if you tape the 2am showing).

Hugs. Barton.x

Waffles

I'm a bit of a GOT addict so I also watch Thronecast , the  weekly  programme about GOT presented by Sue Perkins. Anyway, they always show you a very short preview of the next programme. Well, I can tell you there's going to be a BIG battle in the next episode. It looks fab.

xxx

Barton

Sorry, Waffles, just realised you asked another question. No, not really. There is bound to be another big battle, though!

Forgot to say I love the dragons, too. Hope we see all 3 in the final battle.

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

I haven't watched game of thrones as its too gory for me. I like soft easy stuff. Something I picked up on channel four or five is escape to the chateau about a couple that bought an old one in France and doing it up .
Hugs xxx
Barton

Hello Waffles, I'm watching GOT. Good, isn't it? They have had a lot more really good episodes this series, I think. The last series was something of nothing in my opinion. I just wish they didn't film ALL of it in the dark! My favourite characters are John Snow, Sansa, Aya and Tirian. Just wish Sean Bean had lasted longer than Series 1!

Hugs. Barton.x

Waffles

I love Game of Thrones has anyone  been following the latest series. Any theories about how the storyline is going to develop?  xxx

Carolyn52

Anyone watch Britain's got talent tonight. That Alex is so scary ..I couldn't watch it.
Nice choice of acts though but too many singers ...they should be on x factor !!
Carolyn52

Oh waffles ...I did really try but just couldn't keep up with it ...
Going to watch Britain's got talent tonight for relaxation !!
Xxx
Waffles

Hi everyone,

Did anyone else make it to the end of Marcella. I did enjoy it although it was excessively complicated.  The ending was a  bit unlikely. Do police officers usually get away with putting plastic bags over suspects heads? Don't think so. xxx

Waffles

Hi Carolyn,

I read you messages again and realised I had forgotten the final part is tonight. I had forgotten. Thanks for reminding me. 😊 xxx

Waffles

Thanks Carolyn,

Sorry,I did  reply to your post last night but I just noticed for some reason it didn't show up. It is a bit unpredictable trying to access the forum on a smartphone. I always have to press the post button at least two or three times.

I did see Marcella last night and followed the whole story no problem. It was the second last episode. If you look at my earlier posts on the matter I think I actually guessed the killer a few episodes ago. There's a first! 😀

Best wishes xxx

Carolyn52

Waffles
Don't forget last Part of Marcella tonight ...enjoy !
Hugs xx
Carolyn52

Hiya waffles
Just a reminder Marcella is on tonight and the final one tomorrow night in case you miss it.
Hubby is well into it ..me lost track after the first week!!
Also ..why haven't you posted your photo on the gallery yet? Don't b shy ..mine was a horrid photo but a recent true one of my grey hair!!
Hugs cx
Carolyn52

Yes she was good but she had won the Aussie x factor a few years ago.
I find it strange that we are the only two reviewing the show though ..surely other members watched it too !!
Probably like me ..afraid to admit watching it. It was nice as it was on BBC . So no flipping adverts every five minutes.
Waffles

Hi Carolyn,

Didn't the Australian woman have a wonderful voice. Ithought lots of the songs were good this year. Great night. The presenters were reallly funny too. xxx

Carolyn52

Loved every minute of it too. Lovely show. I picked out Sweden and Australia as my favourites.
Waffles

Hi,

Did anyone watch the Eurovision song contest. I loved it.  I thought the British and Swedish songs were best but I did like the winner. The entertainments at half time were excellent too xxx.

Waffles

Hi Carolyn, 

I quite like the British song. I haven't heard any of the other counties' songs though as I never watch the preview or semi finals. I like to get a surprise on the night. What a saddo I am! 😀. Enjoy it everyone. xxx

Carolyn52

I pretend I don't like it but do sneak it on every year. Haven't heard the UK song yet.
Waffles

Is anyonegoing to watch  the Eorovision song contest tomorrow night.  It is a big highlight of the year for me as I love it so much. I actually do usually like the songs. xxx

Carolyn52

Yes Marcella is becoming a real brain teaser and I cant keep up ..so threw In towel.
Just about keep up with the soaps and neighbours these days.
I've sort of got into "American pickers" and storage wars on one of the sky channels.
Waffles

Hi everyone,

Did anyone watch Marcella last night. It is getting even more complicated. There are so many characters! As  you usually only see some of them for a very brief period first time they appear you can't remember anything about them next time you see them. When we do find out who the murderer is I suspect most of us will think "who is he again" 😀xxx

Carolyn52

Thanks Jeanette ..will try to squeeze the remote from hubs paws tonite and tune in.
Xxx
rosie53

Ladies, did anyone watch the last series of  In The Club?  The second series starts tonight it's fab, you should give it a go. BBC 1 9pm

Janette xxxx  

SamanthaL

Here's Marcella! 

Telly is a great distraction from the pain, 

land I lurked the Durrells. 

Carolyn52

Never work like they do on the showcase they do!!
I'm not buying anymore gadgets ...chucked out loads when we moved last year !!
Who needs a steam mop when a jeyeclothe and a bit of bleach does the job !!
Enjoy Marcella tonight ..Hubs watching it but its not for me.
Waffles

Hi Carolyn,

I have a notion for a steam mop too. It's amazing how effective all these gadgets look on the shopping channel.  😁xxx

Carolyn52

Hubs loves sport and watching old John Wayne movies ..hence he can justify sky . I rarely get a sniff of the remote !!!
But when I do ..watch rubbish as background tv really. Even watch shopping channels ..although never convinced I must buy a steam mop or donut making machine!!
Waffles

Hi Carolyn,

I agree, there is nothing like  a good book, film or tv programme to keep you distracted. I can't afford SKY tv but I bought a NowTV box to connect to my tv and I can get loads of box sets of  british and american tv shows  that you normally see on Sky for a very reasonable price. I'm having a great time with that. xxx

Carolyn52

Last nite I was home alone and got the remote to myself. Found one of my favourite all time films "ps I love you". Loved watching it again. Belongs with classic chic flicks like ghost, dirty dancing and pretty woman. Yes I know I watch and read rubbish but I like to escape to moo moo land sometimes!!
Hugs xx
Carolyn52

Waffles I thought the same with line of duty but after an hour and half of office type action ...I was glad of the last 15 minutes of action.
Hugs xx
Waffles

Hi Lucy,

Like you I was a latecomer to Game of Thrones. I just love it. I've only got three more episodes of series 5 to watch and then I've caught up. It's going to be strange just watching it once a week instead of one or even two episodes of per night. 

Carolyn, loved Line of Duty as ever but eas a bit confused as to why they had policemen armed with machine guns outside the room that Dot was being interviewed in. That seemed a little far fetched as was the chase at the end but still better than anything else on telly (except maybe Game of Thrones) 😊 xxx

Carolyn52

Line of duty
Wasent it full on last night. Was afraid to blink.
Brilliant series ..British drama at its best.

Verity

Game of thrones... Now you are talking. Came late to it but binge watched the first four series before five started last year. So pleased it is back in screens. Anyone else enjoying it???
Lucy
Carolyn52

Game of thrones would definately not b for me ..hate anything like that ...started to watch Django unchained and gladiator on dvd and had to turn away ..wuss that I am.
Think I would be better watching Scooby doo or peppa pig!!!! 😭😭😭
Barton

Yes, Carolyn, Game of Thrones is VERY bood thirsty! Not only murders, battles, poisonings, etc., but quite a lot of torture scenes too. Don't like those  or the long battles - thank goodness for Sky - I tape everything and watch it when I'm in the mood - it means I can whizz through the stuff I don't like at x30! And the adverts, too. Anyone else do that?

Hugs to all. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Loving line of duty too ...
Feel that I ought to get into game of thrones as everyone is watching it but it might b a bit too bloodthirsty for me !
Hugs xx
Waffles

Isn't Line of Duty just wonderful Mara. I was screaming at the telly...'don't tell him about the list!' I wish all TV was as good. Marcella is very dark and complex with loads of different story lines going on at once but, like you,  I am enjoying it. About 6 weeks ago I also  started watching Game of Thrones. I'm now mid way through series 5 and will hopefully have caught up with the new series next week. It is just marvellous too. It's a wonder I don' t have square eyes! xxx

MaraUk

Hi Waffles

I am still watching Marcella really enjoying it even though it's very dark. Looking forward to the Line  of  finale on Thursday.

mara

Carolyn52

My hubs is still watching Marcello and enjoying it but I'm afraid I threw in the towel after two weeks ..just can't get into it.
Hugs xx
Waffles

Hi everyone,

Is anyone still following Marcella? I must admit I like it although it is very complicated and there are some characters who just seem to have appeared recently and I've no idea what they have to do with anything. I think I'll have to watch the episode before last again! Marcella certainly thinks she killed Grace but I bet she didn't. Anyone else got any ideas what's going on? xxx

Carolyn52

I loved line of duty too..British drama at its best.
I watched Mrs Brown's boys last nite..seen them before but like marmite ..love it or hate it really.
Hugs xx
Waffles

Hi everyone,

I know some of us have been following Line of Duty. I watched the most recent episode on iplayer last night. I don't think I've seen anything as riveting as that on the  TV. It was brilliant. Can't wait for the finale next week.

Also just been reading that Versailles a new French TV historical drama (although in English language)  is  going to be starting on BBC2 next month. It is apparently very good but I think it is a bit racy. Looking forward to giving that a try.

best wishes xxx