Tam & facial hair Ahhhh!

Wondering if anyone else has a facial hair problem with tamoxifen. Been taking it for a month now and I have a fine down of hair all over my face. Look like an extra from a werewolf film! Not very attractive. Have all the other side effects too (hot flushes, night sweats & joint aches), but they do seem to be lessening while the facial hair seems to be accelerating. Getting me down. Have tried attacking it with my no no and am considering using an epilator, but don’t want the pain!

Anyone else got a similar problem? Any suggestions on how to tackle it? Will book an app with a beauty therapist for next week, but looking at my “beard & tash” is getting me down this morning :frowning:

Hi

Just wanted to ask did you have Chemo?

I had hair growth like you describe after my Chemo ended! I just left it and it did eventually dissappear! Sadly it’s another thing that we have to cope with.

Sending you a (((((((hug))))))) xxxxxx

Thanks for the hug nannysal! It’s very much appreciated.

Yip, I did have chemo. Finished in July. The facial hair has just appeared over the last couple of weeks. Didn’t mind it at first, but it’s beginning to get me down. My hubby says he doesn’t really notice it, but I know it’s there and it’s driving me mad! How long did it take to go? I know it’s such a trivial thing in the bigger picture, but it still doesn’t stop me from fretting!

Hate this cancer malarkey!

Big hugs back x x

Thanks for your kind words nanny sal. Feeling less fretty this morning. Got to get things into perspective. I was lucky in that I had fec75 instead of fec-t, so I’ve not had problems with my nails. I should count my blessings that it was picked up at an early stage and not waste time and energy on trivial matters.

There, you’ve got me thinking more positively! :slight_smile:

Thanks again x x

Ha ha Lucy12. Your comment about your husband has fair made me smile!