Tamoxafin and Hair loss

I have been on tamoxafin for about 11 months now, over the past few months i have noticed that my hair has become very thin especially at the crown.  Has anyone else experienced this? 

Eileen x

Hi Eileen,

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post yet.  You might find that more people would see it if you posted in the section "Going though treatment/hormone therapy "

forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Hormone-therapy/bd-p/4438

There are several threads in that section about the side effects of Tamoxifen.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Eileen i n reply to your question I know everyone is different but I have been on tamoxafin for 3years and 8 months my hair is so thin I look like a man and have to wear a wig , it has got worse , when I first started taking it my hair was thin but it covered my scalp but then it needed clip on hair pieces now in the last 8 months I have had to wear a wig  in this hot weather its unbearable I take it off wherever I can and sometimes I feel so sorry for my husband 4 years ago he had a size 12 wife with hair now he has a size 18 Buddha lol I do think so what I’m alive but I don’t feel very feminine , I am going on to another tablet when the 5 years are up but from what I’ve read that one is just as bad , so sorry I can’t tell you a better story but it helps to have a good sense of humour x x