Tamoxefen hell

Hi All, Im new to the forum, finished  all my treatments and have been on tamoxifen for over 1 yr now.

I have piled on the weight, get the hot flushes, can not sleep,can not remember most things ,have eye problems,  every joint in my body hurts if I try to do any form off exercise.Even walking my dog, My bones hurt . I get all sorts of strange symptoms,e.g feeling like my knee is going to pop whilst coming down the stairs.Pain in my hip,which makes me limp and have the feeling my hip joint will pop out,people in work where convinced I had a hernia. I will go to bed,wake up the next day and the symptoms are gone. This happens on and off and is now getting me down. I am seriously thinking of stopping my tamoxifen as I am so fed up with life and feeling like this.Does anyone else feel like this? Did you stop tamoxifen and feel better?What are the risks of cancer  coming back?

My Left Tit

Hello and welcome.

I have been on tamoxifen for nearly a year now, I am post menopausal.,  I do have some of the symptoms that you described in terms of some days paritcular joints will ache and then it goes away, I do have the hot flushes especially an hour or so after taking my tablet. 

Have you spoken to your oncologist about it to see if there is anything they can do to help you

Helena xx

Not yet,but will make appointment as its really getting me down.

Hello My Left Tit and welcome to the forum.

So sorry to hear that you are having such horrible time and it is most understandable that you are fed up… if it’s any consolation…you are definitely not alone. 

I have been on Tamoxifen for 4 plus years and have experienced all that you have mentioned… have put on about 3 plus stones, hot flushes, night sweats, joint aches, cramps, pains, dryness, tiredness, low moods / anxiety, etc.

Think it is from a combination of being diagnosed with bc, treatments and Tamoxifen 

Before making any decisions, it is really best to discuss with your care team or oncologist.

Hope that you feel better and wishing you well.

Belle. Xx

I feel for you, I was on tamoxifen and it hated me!! I hated it back big time!! Poison!! Was put on Letrazole as was post menopause but that was just as bad so have gone cold turkey and stopped taking it!! Was diagnosed in 2014, double mastectomy, chemo etc. Felt awful, lost myself old self too, so sad and so low still. Hate my body, hate me, not fair, help! X