Tamoxefin

Hi , two weeks ago i noticed i had a swollen calf on my left leg, i couldnt do my left boot up, then i kept getting cramp, it got quite painfull so i spoke to my gp, who made me an appointment, they measured my leg and referred me to hospital after giving me blood thining injections, i think they were being cautious in case i had a blood clot, i had a scan and all was good no blood clot, but i now have the same in the other leg and my legs ache when i stand on them behind the knee, is this side effects from tamoxofen do you think, has anyone else experianced anything simular.

Debbie x

Debbie

Have you told your GP about the other leg, if not it might be worth speaking with them to see what they say.  I do get occasional bad cramps in my right leg which make my legs ache but not specifically behind the knees   You could also check it out with your oncologist but I would just make sure.

Helena xxx

Hi ladies, I’ve recently stopped taking Tamoxifen due to suffering with really sore knees to the point that it was a struggle to get up the stairs! I have now been told I have arthritis but they are definitely better off the Tamoxifen, I had barely any side effects with t and continued to have heavy regular periods throughout the 2.5 yrs I was on it, I guess maybe it wasn’t working for me either although no one ever said!? 

Im going to give it another go in the new year and see how my knees hold up but will investigate further now the issue of it working or not Xx Jo