Tamoxifen APS & Lactose

Hi Everyone

Would someone who has the APS Tamoxifen mind looking at the ingredients and let me know if it contains lactose, Wockhardt does and I am trying to avoid this.

Thanks in advance

DaisyGirl xx

Hi DG

I’ve always had Wockhardt until this morning. I’ve just picked up my repeat prescription and have a different make. It’s Generics (UK) Limited and they don’t contain lactose!

lactose is quite hard to avoid in tablets. I also have to domperidone and that has lactose in. I’m sure it will only be quite a small amount in the tablets. At least Generics (UK) is one to try if the pharmacy will be willing to get it for you.

Elinda x

I have APS…“other ingredients are mannitol, povidone, sodium starch glycolate, colloidal silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, polyethylene glycol and colour - titanium dioxide (E171).”

Fab huh?!

HTH, Bella x

Thanks Ladies, I now have some ammunition for the GP on Monday!

DG xx

Bella and DG

I hadn’t really looked at the ingredients before and although I understand the need for binding agents I find it hard to understand why they need colours. I don’t care if my tablet isn’t a pristine white I’d rather have less E numbers.

DG - I hope it goes well with the GP. I’m sure for patients who are lactose intolerant they organise lactose free tablets so hopefully it won’t be an impossible request. Otherwise you could try a different pharmacy to your regular one. Elinda x

Hi DG,

I don’t think the GP specifies which brand although if you want a particular one perhaps he/she can but my pharmacy are very helpful. Different pharmacies stock different brands so I have chosen the one who stocks my preferred brand. They did say though that they will order in any brand you like provided you give them a bit of notice so you might arrange this via your local pharmacy?x