Tamoxifen and Cramp

Does anyone else get really bad cramp in the legs and feet since taking tamoxifen???

Hi

When I first started taking letrozole I had bad cramp in my legs. I started having a glass of tonic water daily and that made a hugh difference. I have since found that bitter lemon has the same benefit for me. Now I only get woken occasionally with the problem

Andie

So glad someone else is experiencing this. I get cramp in my feet and my calf muscles regularly, but always at night. Husband getting used to me screaming out in agony!!

Hope it goes away soon. Been on tamoxifen for 15 months now.

I didn’t get it on Arimidex, but with Tamoxifen I get it - when I wake up, if I stretch my legs, I sometimes get dreadul painful cramp. It’s OK after I’ve got up though.

Margaret

I’ve been getting severe foot and leg cramps, but have found that if I do exercises to stretch the tendons in the top of my feet and up the front of my shins then that helps a lot. My OH was getting fed up with being woken up by me yelling in pain and leaping out of bed!
Sarah x

Hi - cramp is one of the things I hate most about taking tamoxifen. Calves and feet. It is really painful and I think it is having an effect on the muscle - I’ve now torn my calf muscle exercising and I wonder if it would have happened at all if I’d not been on tamoxifen.

alex
x

bumping this up as i am suffering cramp in the muscle at the top of my leg,mainly in bed if i stretch…ouch really painful,had it for months now…same side as my hip hurts again only when i lay on it…anyone else suffering with this???sarah x