Tamoxifen and DVT

Hi ladies
Been on Tamoxifen since October 2010, I woke up one morning (early December) with severe right leg pains, restricted mobility and fluctuating right sided calf and leg swelling. I made several visits to my local GP’s and was treated for a “soft tissue injury” It wasn’t until three weeks later after I presented myself to my A & E last week after examination I was immediately admitted, “told I had been really lucky” and finally recieved the correct diagnois and treatment for a DVT/PE . A six month course of daily blood thinning injections prior to my discharge I questioned the cause of the DVT and was told by three Senior Medical Staff on duty (including one Proffessor) that my DVT was a direct result of my BC and not the Tamoxifen and I should continue taking my medication daily! Within three days of discharge I had a call from my brilliant BC Nurse who was alarmed that I was still taking Tamoxifen and said that any patient with any form of DVT should never be perscribed Tamoxifen! I am off to see my Ongologist tomorrow to determine the appropriate hormone therapy to work alongside the blood thinners, feeling a bit “disheartened” Wondered if any of you had DVT directly related to Tamoxifen or been in a similar postiition?