Tamoxifen and facial hair

Tamoxifen and facial hair

Tamoxifen and facial hair Hi everyone,

Have been taking tamoxifen for 3 months now and have noticed an increased amount of hair on my face - nightmare! Have always had quite a bit of body hair, but this is getting ridiculous!

Have heard it is one of the (many!!) side-effects of tamoxifen, and wondered if anyone else is suffering in the same way and what, if anything, can help.

Luv Jean xx

Hi Jean,

I have noticed an increase in facial hair too (fluff?) but am not on tamoxifen. I have had a lot of chemo over the years and wondered if that had anything to do with it. I also notice from your profile that, like me, you are older (i am 61) and i wonder if it has something to do with our hormones. It may not just be age related - but I wonder if any of the younger women who are ER+ and therefore on drugs like tamoxifen have noticed this as well.

lol Dawnhc

Tamoxifen and Facial Hair Hi

I’m 39 and I am taking Tamoxifen. I did have increased facial hair when my hair was growing back after chemotherapy but this eventually stopped.

I haven’t had any more facial hair growth since taking Tamoxifen.

Hope this helps.

Sandra

Facial Hair Hi,

Thanks for your replies, think I’ll mention it at my check-up which is tomorrow - am quite scared as it’s my first one since finishing my chemo and rads - just want to get it over with, then maybe, if it’s all OK, may dare to start ‘living’ again!!

Love Jean x

Hi I’m 47 and taking Tamoxifen since Sept 2006. I have noticed an increase in facial fluff . It looks like I’ve got sideburns and need to talk to someone about getting it removed. I don’t think it’s that noticeable to others as the kids haven’t even commented and they’d be the first to notice but I think it has definitely grown since all my treatment.
F