cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen and joint pain

2 REPLIES 2
MediaGirl

Re: Tamoxifen and joint pain

I have not heard of that so I will check it out. Thank you! I feel afraid to stop drugs but I hate these side effects. I guess it's a catch 22. I really hope I can get some answers from my Oncologist in July.
Meri

Re: Tamoxifen and joint pain

Hi Mediagirl, I recently stopped taking Tamoxifen due to side effects, only lasted 7 weeks.

Tiredness, constant nausea and indegestion, thrush in mouth and lady bits, so sore.

It felt like my body was a dead weight.

I knew I could not tolerate all this as already have health issues, pain from spine injury.

Its wierd how some get no side effects of note and others get lots.

In then end its our choice what we can manage.

Have you looked at the NHS PREDICT online tool, it shows how much drugs help improve life expectancy for BC or not.

I see oncologist in month or so to discuss other drugs but I don't think I will cope, I want to try, but have limits.

Its worth exploring what benefits you will get.

MediaGirl

Tamoxifen and joint pain

I have tried 3 different drugs since Jan 2016. The 1st caused my hair to fall out immediately. I was taken off that right away. The 2nd was arimidex and I did well on that for 1 year. I suffer horrible bruising, horrible hotflashes but I just handled it. In Jan 2016 I got joint pain from head to toe. Unbearable pain. I needed pain killers but chose to take aleve instead of heavy duty pain relief. I was taken off arimidex & started tamoxifen in May. I now have horrible pain in my hips to the point I find it difficult to find a comfortable sitting position. Crossing my legs.... forget it. My hands are starting to get swollen, I'm gaining weight. I have a physical job and bending down or climbing the stairs is becoming impossible. I'm on the recommended 10 year plan, it's been a 1 1/2. I see my Oncologist in July. I'm hoping for some encouraging news about other drugs I could try. I don't participate in a lot of forums. I've handled my journey with waking up choosing to have good days, to not sweat the small stuff. I try to see my breast cancer as my 2nd chance at a happier life. So, it's difficult for me to do this. But, I find it reassuring I'm not the only one having issues with pain.