Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen and pounding heart!

7 REPLIES 7
Rattles

Re: Tamoxifen and pounding heart!

Hello Bird,

I am not on tamoxifen but wanted to sympathise re. heart pounding. Wont bore you with my long story but I am recently post bilateral mastectomies and had heart palpitations and pounding. It freaked - and continues to freak- me out.
What I wanted to say is that you should go to GP if worried. When I mentioned this symptom to my onclogist, he said it is not his area of speciality and referred me on. I know our circumstances are completely different, but wanted to sympathise, and suggest you go to GP as there could be many other reasons for your symptoms.

Good luck, Rattles, xx

Bird

Hi

I saw my onc last week for my 6 month checkup and discussed with her my issues of weird rhythms and pounding heart. She said it's nothing to do with the tamoxifen. Not convinced by that at all. I spose it could be a combo of everything thats been injected and zapped into my body??? Dunno. All I know is that all the things that I am getting have only started since the tamoxifen. Could be a coincidence - who knows! Just wish it would settle down cuz it freaks me out!

xxx

woollycardy

Me too - I get a bit of a strange pounding heart feeling - not necessarily with exercise, I could just be sitting still. Assume it's due to the tamoxifen - though haven't asked about it. Guess it's another one of those annoying things we need to put up with.

Take care xx

Rainbow_Dancer

I am taking anastrozole and am getting the same pounding heart whenever I try to do anything. It started with chemo then settled down but is worse now I am on tabs. Feels tight in my chest, like my heart will explode!

EB0

Hi
I started Tamoxifen one month ago and found i would get very hot at night and also my mood dropped ever so slightly, but enough for me to feel a difference. I think it is starting to settle now and im managing to get a bit of energy back 7 weeks after chemo. I do hope things settle for you.

EB X

Steph10

I'm the same too. I thought this symptom started when I was on chemo and put it down to that causing a low haemoglobin count, but it has continued due to the tamoxifen effect. I also break out in a sweat when doing ordinary chores like you. I'm thinking of joining a gym to get fit, but am put off by the thought of sweating like a pig at the gentle-list of exercises.

El_Katrano

Hi Bird - Yep, snap, me too. It can be due to fatigue as well. It's scary!

Bird

Tamoxifen and pounding heart!

Hello

I am just wondering if anyone else has noticed that since starting tamoxifen weird things have happened to the old ticker. Mine seems to pound and race almost immediately if I do anything like walking up the stairs, sweeping the floor ect.. ya know general every day stuff. I am also noticing odd rhythms and a sort of wheeze. I have been on tamoxifen for almost a year now. I feel great in myself generally and really want to start getting some exercise but am slightly concerned that my heart might burst!!! (highly unlikely I know but thats what it feels like when it pounds!!)) I did not have any heart probs pre chemo. and all my echos have come back as ok. I am seeing my onc at the beginning of March and obviously will tell her all of this. I just wondered if it is a tamoxifen related issue or do I have yet another health problem!!!!

Cheers
Bird
xxxx