Tamoxifen for 15 years ?

I’ve been on tamoxifen for 5 years and my oncology appt is in 3 weeks time and Ive been looking forward to the possibility that the Onc will stop the tamoxifen for me, or at least tell me to take it for only another 1-2 years maximum.

But on hearing the news last night, they are suggesting continuing these hormonal drugs ( including AI’s which I may be converted on to ) for up to 15 years.

Yes, I will continue it if that is what the research has suggested, but I was SO looking forward to getting my hair back (It’s been quite thin on tamoxifen ) and losing this weight I’ve piled on, and also to get a sex drive back ! I’m 43 years old and the thought of taking these meds for another 10 years is very daunting, even so I am very thankful for them !!

Yup - not looking forward to more of these hotflushes.  I really want to give up Tamoxifen.  After all that they did to me a few pills did not seem tough - but it is.  I had tried Menopace vitamins to prevent the hot flushes but do they cancel out the good that the Tamoxifen does?