Tamoxifen for secondaries

Hi guys,

I am due to start tamoxifen in four weeks. Can anyone advise if you have been on this treatment for secondaries and how long it worked for you. I have liver, lung and bone mets…

Thanks
Gill x

Hi Gill, good luck, I hope Tamoxifen works well for you. I was ok with the tablets for eighteen months. X

I have bone mets and was on Tamoxifen for 3 months last summer - which allowed me to go on holiday abroad. This was probably too short a time to properly judge its effectiveness. Unfortunately the SEs - tiredness, aching limbs and cramps weren’t good for me and I was happy that I could go back on Capecitabine.

Hello I don’t post that often but read most days. I have been on tamoxifen for secondaries since March 2014 . Initially I did suffer with hot flushes - stiffness in my legs but after about 3-4 months they seem to settle . I have bone /liver Mets and have had good results so far . Also on zolodex / zometa
Hope this helps x

Hi.  I have been on Tamoxifen since November 2013.  I have mets to lungs and bones.  My last scan (this month) showed no change.  Hoping Tamoxifen will keep a hold for a lot longer yet. X