Tamoxifen headaches?

Hi All

I have been on Tamoxifen since December 2007 and recently have been suffering daily headaches. Is this something anyone else has experienced? I need to figure out if it is the Tamoxifen causing it or something else.

Thanks!

Cecelia. x

hi i have been on tamoxifen from last march and i have never suffered headaches before but do now so i put it down to that .I also get flushes

I had a 4 day headache immediately after starting tamoxifen. this was something I had never experienced and I blame it on the tamox. Fortunately it stopped and I am fine but I do think that headaches is one of the lesser known side effects.
alex

Thanks ladies, I think it’s possibly down to the Tamoxifen, but believe I will be changed to Arimadex at the end of this year. So I’ll see what happens then.

Moocow, if it’s any consolation my hot flushes subsided considerably after about 9 months, hope they do for you too.

C.x

Cecilia, I had loads of headaches on tamoxifen, but when I switched to Nolvadex D, I had none. So it might be worth trying a change of brand.

Thanks for the advice, salopets, I will ask if I can be changed next time I see my consultant. I assume that is you doing the Race for Life, well done! I did one too.

C.x

Hi
I’m on Arimidex (10 months) and have started having really bad daily headaches for two months now. Have you had any answers from your consultants? I haven’t had any! CT Scan and bone scan are both clear so no spread :slight_smile: I’m now thinking it might be Arimidex but can’t put up with these headaches much longer!!
Any help will be greatly appreciated
Kayex

Hi Kaye

My headaches have eased slightly but need to take a painkiller for them at least a couple of times a week still.

I haven’t seen my consultant to speak to them about it yet but will be seeing them on 21st Oct so will ask then.

Sorry to not be of help, but hope they ease for you soon. Maybe you can talk to your consultant about change type of medication or brand as Salopets suggested below.

Take care

Cecelia. x

Hi I’ve been on Tamox for approx 3 weeks and have severe headache after 20 mins of taking it. I take it at night.

Hi Cecelia
Thanks for your reply - let me know what oncologist says at your appointment. Might be an idea changing brand will ask Gp
Thanks again
Kaye x