Tamoxifen muscle aches

I lead quite an active life but recently, and 18 months into taking tamoxifen my muscles ache and my joints feel dry. Anyone benefited from complementary therapies such as massage and acupuncture? 

Hi DonnaHay

I’m sorry you haven’t yet received a reply to your post - hopefully you will receive a response from one of our forum members soon. If you do need any extra support or would like to ask our nurses a question you might want to give our Helpline a ring on  0808 800 6000 (the opening hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm, Saturday, 9am-1pm) or post in theAsk Our Nursessection of the forum. 

All the best,

Kristina

Hi Donna,
I’ve found yoga helpful. At home, I use the ‘Yoga Studio’ app, which has lots of classes on it for all levels of ability as well as meditation.
ann x

Donna

I have been on Tamoxifen for around 18 months now and do have occasional muscle and cramps in the night.  I havent tried anything but was just bumping your post up to see if anyone can help.

I would however suggest that before you take anything alongside your tamoxifen that you check it out with your Oncologist  to make sure it does not interact with it.

I know some ladies have said that they have had a glass of tonic water before they go to bad as it seems to help but I have not tried it myself, maybe I ought to :slight_smile:

Hope you are well other than that

Helena xx

I have been on Tamo for just 3 months but had very unpleasant leg cramps day and night with the pain going into my foot too. I had read that drinking tonic water helps and so I gave it a go and yes, a definite improvement in my case. Hope you find something that helps x

I don’t notice cramps so much as numbness. My hands and feet feel numb regularly after sleep. Now I get tinkling feeling in my right hand and numbness in the last three fingers when a wake and even whilst using my hand. Don’t know if it’s the Tamoxifen or my nerves had been affected due to Mastectomy on my Right side.