cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen, over production of eostrogen and cholesterol levels

Rockyroad44

Tamoxifen, over production of eostrogen and cholesterol levels

Hi All

I'm in my 3rd packet of tamoxifen and can't help feeling that this drug is not right.  I'm not having any menopausal symptoms, in fact I couldn't be more pre-menapausal. Regular periods, perfect cycle better than before tamoxifen.  But I am having 10 days of excessive pelvic pressure and pain, pmt and a brain fog that is stopping me functioning normally.  I went to see my oncologist and he thinks my body sensed the block from the Tamoxifen and started to over produce oestrogen.  

I've bloods taken and I'm waiting for a full scan of the pelvis etc to see if I gave any thickening of my womb etc or cysts etc.  That's one side of life.

Today, though, I went to the optician.  I have cholesterol so bad that it can be seen in my eyes! I have never had a cholesterol problem.  

I can't help thinking that this drug is not right.  I'd love to hear from anyone who has had a similar experience? I have read some articles about the damage Tamoxifen can do to your liver and how cholesterol can makes cells resistant to Tamoxifen.  

I also wonder why regular blood tests aren't taken to make sure these things aren't happening.