Tamoxifen withdrawal symptoms - suggestions

I came off Tamoxifen about a month ago having been on it for 3 years  and I feel terrible!  I was peri-menopausal which is why it was suggested I come off it, as I also have ME/CFS and that gets worse with hormonal changes.  Since coming off Tamoxifen though my emotions are up and down, with tears and low moods, my forearms ache, I have tender spots on my spine and elbow bones (not joints), I get waves of nausea throughout the day and my lower belly aches.  I’m exhausted as well.  Does anyone know what I can take to ease these symptoms, and also, how long are they likely to last?

i will be following this post as i stopped the dreaded tamoxifen two months ago as i just couldnt cope anymore…however sinse i have stopped i feel the same as you…but also drained,feel sick when i wake lasts until mid-day i just feel worse than when i was  on it!my moods are awful and i feel sorry for anyone around me,aches pains have got worse…i have a checkup in may so i will be in for a telling off as they wanted me on this pill for 10yrs!i am 51.

I’m 69 yrs old, post menopausal . Diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer

Dec 2014. After surgery of a very small tumor snd SLN negative , I had 6.5 weeks of radiation.All went extremely well and I felt lucky and good! Then started

Aramotast Inhibitor which caused joint pain after 3 mos.Then switched to tamoxifen

For the last 16 mos. Started having known side effects, vaginal discharge , which progressed to

Bleeding. I stopped taking it 3 weeks ago and side effects went away.

Now I am experiencing joint and muscle pain and  which I am hoping will go away.

I am an active person,  get regular exercise  via classes twice weekly, walking

At least 30 minutes 3-4 times a week. Will this pain also decrease? I think Im done with hormone therapy. Smc1947 

I’ve read on other threads that people have been advised to taper the dose to come off it gradually rather than going cold turkey. It sounds a more sensible approach to allow your body to adapt slowly to the change.