1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifen

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Tamoxifen

I hope you've watched it now, because it was excellent.  I wasn't going to either, for the same reason but like you I watched it afterwards on my own and I didn't cry.  She was amazing, like all of us who go through it and it was almost like a trip down memory (or should it be 'mammory') lane for me - good and bad. Sadly for Lisa she didn't have as long as some of us, but the time she had she did great things with. x

Hi - First Post so if I mess up sorry.

The C Word is on BBC tonight. I want to watch it to see if I have things in common with others going through this,but I know I will cry as soon as it starts! I've decide to record it and watch on my own. Looking round the site sounds like I am "normal" after all which is very comforting to me...xx

Hi nextstep

I saw a clip for it but didn't catch what it was called...I don't think it has been on yet. 2 minds whether to watch it or not..gonna be a tear jerker for sure.. I cry at the drop of a hat at the moment!!

love Erica xx

Hi June

I have been tested for the BRCA gene as my mum and nan both had breast cancer but I don't have it. Being tested for another gene and waiting results..3 generations of BC is  a big coincidence. Just want my 2 daughters to be protected. I had 2 tumours in one breast and they removed both to reduce risk.

Yes I was told 10 years too, I think i will put up with the side effects if it does its job.

Take care

nice chatting

Erica xx

Is the play you mentioned the one on TV?  I saw a trailer and wanted to watch it but stupidly can't remember what it's called.  I suspect I have missed it and wanted to find it on catch up tv but without a name I am struggling.  Can anyone help?

I know Ercia, its awful, was just reading about the play with Sheridan Smith on tuesday, dont know about you but i really dont want to watch it.  I try and keep my mind on those and there are many who are survivors im not sure if i could sit through that..If your mum had cancer do you have the gene,one of my friends lost her mum and aunt to breast cancer, her sisrer had it ,but is thankfully still here, She and her cousin both had their breasts removed in 20s, for prevention  they have double gene so ovaries will have to go to, Anither friends mum died last sept with it her gran had it too, but this friend cant get tested as no blood from livin g female relative to test. will give her mammograms every year.  She was extremely close to her mum, a lovely lady, its her 40th birthday party next week, and im going, her dear mum will be sorely missed.  How long have you got to take tamoxifen, i think he said 10 years for me,  Im in my 60s now, but do come from long livnjg family and have always felt much younger, thats why stayed on HRT so long,but i still feel relatively ok and possibly the flushes are me coming off that too.But as you say we are alive and must be grateful weve come this far. june

Thanks June

Yep i have the flushes too, wasn't sure if they was an age thing..I'm 49.

My mum died from breast cancer when she was 27 and it upset me so much today to hear about Rio's wife..I'm just so lucky and grateful to be here

Take care

Erica xx

I seem to hsve a pain in my left thigh when i sit down sometimes, strange cause walking and standing up fine, think saw on here someone else had similar. but nothing where you say ditzy 65. guess these are what we must live with,.  Im fed up with hot flushes but i think o well the oestrogen must be not in my body so lowers my risk.  When  you read the dreadful news Rio Ferdinands wife 36 anc dead of breast cancer, makes you seriously take stock. its still a killer and we who had it must put up with lots to stop it coming back,.june

Tamoxifen

Hi everyone

I am taking Tamoxifen which i see as my life saving pill but I am getting alot of pain in my lower abdomen, especialy when I pee. I have had anti biotics and will be having a scan in 2 weeks..has anyone else had these symptons while taking Tamoxifen? I've had one period in 8 months

Thanks xx