Tamoxifen

Hi I been tamoxifen for 5 years could anyone tell me if you get weight gain and constipation with it as breast conscultant says u don’t

Hi Caitlin

I’m not sure about constipation but weight gain is one of the side effects most people complain about. It’s a well known one so not sure where your consultant’s coming from. I refused to take it as I couldn’t deal with the side effects. x

I have been taking tamoxifen for almost 2 years and I am having really bad problems with constipation. My breast consultant also said it’s not a side effect but I think it is. In fact it was down as a very rare possible side effect on the leaflet that comes inside the box with my last lot of tablets. I took the leaflet to show my GP who is trying to help me sort out the constipation problem
Hollyberry

Hi I been on tamoxifen for 5 years now, got another 4 years on it n do you have any other side effects

Hot flushes n mood swings n I know tamoxifen makes me hungry too

Hi was you given a choice

Hi have u gone through menopause

Do you do exercise as well

Yep, I have had both. After 2 years finally knocked the weight down through eating no processed food or wheat and 10 serves of veges a day (yes it’s possible) but I’m fit and weight gain was marginal but I have tamoxifen belly: eg the fat has moved off my thighs to my stomach! As soon as the diet lapses I get the symptoms back: I think the constipation is tied to dehydration and hot effects and the tissues are so thin. Veges/ fruit really help as does hydrating. Hope that’s useful.