cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tamoxifin

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Tamoxifin

Hi, was told to wait six weeks after double mx to start tamoxifen due to increased risk of thrombosis after major surgery. Think if minor op, lessens risk it's 2 weeks. Hope that helps. Po
Highlighted

Thanks Maire, helpful to know what you did. I may have a chat with my GP. I also had no node involvement, but both Her2+ and ER 8/8 so it is a concern. I would like to know which, if any, causes reactions though.
Jude
Highlighted

.............having said that others will want the protection tamoxifen gives you asap. I was 6/8 with no lymph node involvement so thought I could gamble a bit.

Highlighted

I was given mixed advice on when to start Tamoxifen so just made up my own mind. I waitied till I finished Rads and had had a holiday. I then started Tamoxifen on my return from holiday. I wanted to be clear on what was causing any potential side effects. I only started to feel under the weather recently so am fairly convinced it's the Tamoxifen. Have been getting herceptin for a while with no obvious side effects.

Highlighted

Could anyone comment on whether they started Tamoxifen at the same time as Herceptin. having just finshed chemo, I am being prescribed Tamoxifen in a few weeks, as well as the loading dose of Herceptin at the end of July, followed by rads starting on 5th August. Am a bit concerned to start the two drugs together, and am considering whehter to delay tamoxifen a few weeks. Any comments?
Jude
Highlighted

I had my breast reconstruction on the 4th of june 2013 i am due to start my treatment of tamoxifen on the 2nd of July 2013 i was also offerd a course of chemo but have declined as the odds combined do not add anything. I have no idea what to expect and am just trying to get through each day. I wish you all the very best and hope that all goes well for you.
Highlighted

Hi
I started Tamoxifen after chemotherapy which followed surgery. I then had radiotherapy. I have now been on it for 4 years.
Best of luck .Bethy x

Highlighted

Started Tamoxifen 2 weeks after surgery and have been on it for the past 2 years. xx
Highlighted

Hi melena I only had a lumpectomy but started tamoxifen about 5weeks after operation once had seen oncologist.I then had radiotherapy a few weeks later.hope your operation goes ok.take care.
Highlighted

Hi Melena
i didnt start on tamoxifen until i finished chemo, It was given to me at same time i started radiotherapy .
Hope this helps! Do you know what treatment your having after your mx?
big hugs to you!
norms xxx
Highlighted

Tamoxifin

I have breast removal next month and the doctor told me I would be put on Tamoxifin. How soon after surgery will I start this mediction