Taste bud tickles - recipes etc

FEC75 CYCLE 1 DAY 7
Hello everyone. It has been suggested that I start a thread of recipes which we can actually taste and enjoy whilst going through chemo. I discovered, as many of you probably have, that things don’t quite taste so good when on this regime. In fact everything became quite bland. I happened to comment on the “Spring into March chemo” thread that my OH had cooked a few delicious meals which i actually enjoyed.
so, here is the first recipe, and i really hope this will become a great cookery site of EASY/QUICK meals that we or our OH etc can prepare without too much stress and maximum enjoyment. I found this in an MnS magazine and just added the chilli flakes as an extra ingredient. (i hope there’s no copyright issues here). Someone tell me if there are please.
TUSCAN SAUSAGES
1/2 tbsp olive oil
4 sausages
250g cherry tomatoes
1/2 red onion in wedges
1 red pepper in chunks
30g pitted black olives drained
75ml chicken stock (hot)
200g butter beans rinsed
1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
fresh basil
sprinkle of chilli flakes to taste,
heat oil in oven(gas 7), then add sausages and cook for 10 minutes. Add peppers, olives, onions chilli flakes & tomatoes which have been tossed in a very little oil. Cook 15 minutes. Turn sausages. Add chicken stock & butter beans & cook 5-10 minutes more. pour over red wine vinegar & basil. Serve.
For me, it’s enough as it is, but mash potatoes or wholemeal bread to soak up the delicious juices is really nice with it too.
ENJOY
X Angela

Looks delicious Angela, I can recommend the book “Healthy Eating During Chemotherapy”, especially if anyone’s struggling with eating normally.
I believe recipes are a strange quirk in the world of copyright - it doesn’t apply!
Sarah

thanks SP I’ll check out that book, I’m a sucker for cookery book, magazines etc. etc!