Tattoo over scaring and radiotherapy

Hi, not sure if anyone can help me but I am searching for a uk tattoo artist that can tattoo over my mastectomy scar with a flower like design, not tattoo a nipple! I have had radiotherapy as well! I have had reconstruction and just really want a nice design over my scar! Not really fussed about having a nipple! Have looked on the net and the searches come up with people in the states??? Any advice would be much appreciated! :slight_smile:

Hi Roxyb11,

Thank you for your post and I hope you get some recommendations and advice on tattoos soon!

In the meantime, feel free to check out this article on tattooing and have a look through the inspiration links near the end of the page: breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/vita-magazine/getting-tattoo-after-breast-cancer-surgery

Best wishes,

Bonita 

Thank you! I will take a look xx

A lot of tattoo artists are familiar with tattooing over scars. I’d say start by finding an artist that has a style that you like. Then ask if they’re happy to tattoo the area. You need to be comfortable with your artist as obviously you’ll be laying exposed etc.