367508posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tattooed nipples

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Tattooed nipples

Hi I had mine done on Monday. Looking good and glad I went ahead. Although I wasn't offered numbing cream and I am apparently one of the few who experienced pain. I did say I have some sensation but was told most can stand the discomfort. It was excruciatingly painful in one or 2 areas but not all over, she had to stop after 2 minutes or so. When I have the top up in April I now have numbing cream to apply. So my advice is ask for numbing cream if it's not offered as it needs to be applied about 1 hr before.  I will mention to the plastic surgeon when I see him, hopefully for the final time, in 2 weeks time that I was surprised no numbing cream or injection was offered at East Grinstead. Research shows others do offer numbing cream or a local. 

Importantly, despite the pain I am loving my natural looking nipple. I no longer have a Barbie boob. 

I have seen some examples of tattoo artists doing '3D' nipple tattoos! Look amazing and would avoid nipple recon procedure.

I'm 2 weeks post op for bilateral mx and DIEP recon. Balking at the idea of any more 'surgery'. I am tempted to have 3D tatts instead! They look amazing.

Anyone had this done in UK?

Also seen some absolutely beautiful floral tattoos ladies have had done.

It's good that I have time to consider options... suspect will take me a while to decide!

Did you have nipple recon? How did that go?
Hope the tattooing went well xx

For some reason I thought you had 2/3 sessions.....that's good,must go and buy some Vaseline.One side has been nippleless for 12 years.....🤔

Hi jillybee, it took about 15 -20 mins. It was like a make-up chart and the bcn built up the colour so you could see the result instantly. They recommended I put Vaseline over the area when showering for awhile to stop it fading at the beginning. It has faded a bit but looks very natural now. She did tell me I could go back for a top-up if I needed it but I was happy with the result. Glad you have finally resolved your reconstruction problems and you enjoy your "cherries".

Thankyou Floss.Had bilateral DIEP so they will have to imagine the colour ....how long did the procedure take??

As you say,anything to make me feel better about myself.Had failed implants,2013/14.DIEP July 2014,then probs with abdomen,....so this will be the final cherry on the cake!!!!

Had mine done three years ago. I was given cream to apply to the area. It was fine just a weird sensation, no pain.  My bcn matched the colour to my ok nipple. Suggested I go little darker as it fades in time. Saying that I have just checked to see if it looks ok and would say it's a perfect match to the other. Was really glad I had it done. I had a diep reconstruction and was pleased with that and put up with a white nipple for three years. I then decided it was only the white nipple that made me uncomfortable getting changed after swimming so had it done. Wished I had it done sooner. Good luck - anything that makes you feel comfortable again with your body is worth it. 

Hello Suzie55,just be bumping this post...for the 9th....anyone else help here???

Hi jillybee

I'm having mine done on 9th Dec, I'll let you know how it goes.

Suzie x

Tattooed nipples

Having them done in the New Year....what can I expect?My BCN is doing them.