Tattooed nipples

Having them done in the New Year…what can I expect?My BCN is doing them.

Hi jillybee

I’m having mine done on 9th Dec, I’ll let you know how it goes.

Suzie x

I have seen some examples of tattoo artists doing ‘3D’ nipple tattoos! Look amazing and would avoid nipple recon procedure.

I’m 2 weeks post op for bilateral mx and DIEP recon. Balking at the idea of any more ‘surgery’. I am tempted to have 3D tatts instead! They look amazing.

Anyone had this done in UK?

Also seen some absolutely beautiful floral tattoos ladies have had done.

It’s good that I have time to consider options… suspect will take me a while to decide!

Did you have nipple recon? How did that go?
Hope the tattooing went well xx

Hi I had mine done on Monday. Looking good and glad I went ahead. Although I wasn’t offered numbing cream and I am apparently one of the few who experienced pain. I did say I have some sensation but was told most can stand the discomfort. It was excruciatingly painful in one or 2 areas but not all over, she had to stop after 2 minutes or so. When I have the top up in April I now have numbing cream to apply. So my advice is ask for numbing cream if it’s not offered as it needs to be applied about 1 hr before.  I will mention to the plastic surgeon when I see him, hopefully for the final time, in 2 weeks time that I was surprised no numbing cream or injection was offered at East Grinstead. Research shows others do offer numbing cream or a local. 

Importantly, despite the pain I am loving my natural looking nipple. I no longer have a Barbie boob.