cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technical help please!

13 REPLIES 13
Taran

Re: Technical help please!

Are you back with your kids now netti? I hope they can help take your mind off things until Monday. I was such a mess the days waiting for results 😞 I'm doing ok. Have my appointment with the oncologist tuesday, so just hoping to have a nice weekend away and then get back on the rollercoaster! Tried on some wigs the other day ready for starting chemo. Going back on Thursday to have my hair chopped and then try a couple of styles I like in the right colour as they had to order them in for me. It's all a bit strange!xx
netti37

Hi Taran. Glad they are all over. Won't know results until Mon. Staff didn't give anything away. The mri was by far the worst. But they all have to be done :(. How are you getting on with things. Xxx
Taran

How did you get on with your scans today netti?x
Taran

Thanks hun, you too. Let me know how it all goes tomorrow? I have cried plenty!! Just try not to in front of my boys. I don't want to worry them. It's funny but after my op I didn't cry at all for days and days. And I didn't have the same level of worry. I ate properly for the first time in weeks too. Then literally the day after my post op meeting with the consultant last week it all started again with the random tears and fears!!! I've read far too much as well and almost none of it is good. I tell myself I won't read any more but then I find myself back on Google!! Anyway, sending you lots of luck and hugs for tomorrow. And let me know how it goes xx
netti37

I've cried nearly everyday since dx. Its so difficult not too. Its such an overwhelming feeling. Cry if you need, you have to. Don't let it build up. I feel a bit better once I've cried. I've drove myself silly reading too much and I've become so paranoid about things. It's a normal reaction. I've only just starting eating properly. I hope your ok. Sending a big hug to you xxx stay strong. Xx
Taran

It's hard going with all the testing. Will be better once this bit is out of the way and you can get a plan of what's going to happen next. I was really lucky that it was only 3 weeks from seeing the gp to my op, but it also meant it was such a whirlwind I didn't have time to get my head around any of it. But it was a relief just to have all the results in and know what the plan for treatment was. They were waiting for the her2 result to decide whether to do surgery or chemo first so until then I didn't know what was going to happen. I'm still really tearful today after my meeting with the bcn earlier. So silly I know! Trying to focus on our weekend away and not let all this spoil it. I'm sure you're the same trying to focus on being with with your kids xx
netti37

I've been warned about that bit. Just can't wait to get it out the way so I can see my babies. I'm from Wolverhampton but love our haven holidays in Wales xx how are you feeling hope your ok. I've had a good ish day, although feel like a pin cushion. Xx
Taran

I didn't have an MRI, just a CT and bone scan. Tey were honestly fine so I hope your CT scan tomorrow is ok for you too. The only thing with that was they didn't warn me it feels like you have wet yourself so that made me panic half way through!! But both were pretty quick and not too enclosed. Are you from Wales?? Or just having a little holiday there?xx
netti37

I will have to take the softly softly approach. I've kept them hidden from the real world and I don't want them to be frightened. We will have to cancel our holiday to Cyprus in August which will upset them enough. After my scans finish in wed, I'm joining them for a short break in Rhyl. Want to keep them happy for as long as possible. I had my MRI today ... Have u had yours yet. It's not the best experience. But gotta to keep on to the fact that this is all part of me getting better. Xx
Taran

I hope Monday comes quickly for you. The waiting for results were the longest days for me 😞 My children are younger (5, 3 year old twins and the 3 month old baby) so don't know about cancer which I think is a good thing for me. So far they know I went to hospital to have a bad lump taken out, and that they needed to be careful with me while it fixed. They don't know about the rest of the treatment yet, I thought it would be too much for them to take in in one go. The bcn today gave me a book to read with them. That talks about all the treatment and explains that mummy will feel poorly because of it. And it explains that it is called cancer. I'm not sure how much they will understand but I will read it with them. We are going away for the weekend on Friday as they won't get a summer holiday. So after that I'll start to prepare them for the next stage. I've already told them I'm going to have my hair cut and then I won't have any at all. My eldest thought short hair would be good but no hair would be silly!!! You are right, protecting our children from anything that could hurt them is our number 1 job as a parent. And I hate that there is no way to avoid the hurt of this. Have your children known anyone else in a similar situation?xx
netti37

Hi Taran...I will know everything next monday 13th...(glad its not a friday)...I have my mri this morning  - what an awful experience i thought i was going to pass out. i have a ct scan tomorrow. My children dont know anything yet, they are 8 and 11. They are away with my mom at the moment and i will join them wed afternoon after all the scans are out the way. I am terrifired of telling them, i dont want them to be upset or scared and afraid. thats what you do as a parent isnt...you keep your children safe and away from nasty things...i have no idea how to tell them yet. i was offered counselling too, as i was so upset when i a saw the bn. but i think i get upset when anyone is nice to me, hugs me or gives me a resssuring smile. Have you told your children yet? xxx

Taran

Hi netti, thank you for your message. Have they said when you might get the full results? Waiting is absolutely the worst part of the whole thing isn't it. I'm recovering really well from the op, so just waiting for my oncology appointment and then start chemo. I saw my bcn today to go through a few things and ended up in tears so she's referred me for counselling. I'm not sure if it's for me to be honest, but going to give it a go. So much to think about with it all. How are your children coping with it all?xx
netti37

Hi Taran. I've no advice in tech support I'm afraid...but I've been reading your posts and following your story. I hope your are getting ok. I'm in a similar position to you waiting for full DX. Already told er- but nothing else. Like you I'm worried about everything!!! And when I think of my children i just crumble. I've been having a fair old rant and moan on here. Waiting to start chemo but don't have date. Please keep on posting and we can all support each other. Their are some amazing ladies on here who can help you. Xx stay strong xx
Taran

Technical help please!

Sorry to post this here, I wasn't sure where else to ask! I've been replying to some threads but even though it says it is successful my post disappears after a few seconds. If I try to post again I get an error message. I'm not even sure if this new thread will stay on here long enough for anyone to help. But can anyone advise me please? Thank you x