cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temperature

2 REPLIES 2
drdspg

Re: Temperature

I did have a number of infections. I would have a very low threshold for ringing the ward or your team. I'm not trying to scare you but I did end up with emergency surgery because I tried not to make a fuss. Not helped by hygiene conditions in local hospital! Once I was back under my team they did the surgery.
Basically look after yourself. It is currently in your job description to fuss and to be a hypochondriac. This is what will keep you safe and well. If you go on to have chemo, be anally retentive re temperatures.
Keep well

June_BCC

Re: Temperature

Hello Na123

Maybe whilst waiting fr replies you could call our free helpline and talk through your concerns with one of the staff who are there to support you.  The number is 0808 800 6000 and lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Na123

Temperature

Has anyone had an unexplained temp after mastectomy and reconstruction using strattice

Now more than 3 weeks post surgery - no wound infection, seroma drained not infected, no cough cold, water infection etc..... Still have a temp from 38.5 to 37.6 despite 8 days of antibiotics