cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tense Wait!

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Tense Wait!

Hi all,

Not been on here for a few days, been busy with trips to and from hospital which is an hours drive away!  So far I have had to be drained 4 times.  Each of the first 3 times didnt hurt, they have taken off 400 mls, 150 mls, 150 mls then 120 mls so getting less but the last time, the nurse didnt put the needle into the scar/wound but went below it, that really hurt and I felt and heard it pop!  I met with the Oncologist and my first of 6 rounds of chemo start on 6 August.  This is the bit I have been dreading.  I'm getting FEC-T chemo.  The only good thing to look forward to is my chemo nurse is male and the lady oncologist said he is rather dishy, hahaha. I'll let you know Tuesday as meeting him for bloods etc.  I will check out the other bits of the forum about chemo now I have my dates.  Does anyone know what MR is?  I have an appointment before my 2nd round of chemo and it states for M R and I can't remember what she said it was!  There was quite a lot to take in.

Deb (welshcake1)

Hi all

Turns out it is cording after all! Been given exercises to hopefully prevent the need for physiotherapy but will have to wait and see. X

I do hope your news is good, but if not at least you have done the sensible thing and gone to your doctor 

Thanks pat and wendy

I have spoken to my bcn she has reassured me that the lumps etc are to be expected following surgery and it is unlikely to be cording as it is a bit soon after surgery. 

Jayni x

Hello Jayni, not got any experience of this myself but sounds like it could be cording, I'd definitely give your BC nurse a ring. Best wishes Pat x

Hi Jayni,

It has stopped raining in Cumbria 🙂 hope it has where you are.
I cant remember having that kind of sensation or a raised line, maybe you should call your BCN tomorrow if it is no better, just to get it checked out, probably nothing but best to get it checked eh? xx

Wendy x

Hi wendy

Hope all well with your chemo.

Since my op i have had weird sensations in my armpit-that sounds funny- but today it is like a raised line under there. Did you get anything like that after your snb?  Or did anyone else reading this? Hope it stops raining soon i have been stuck inside too long today.

Jayni xx

Hi Jayni

Yes i had surgery on April 14th, had WLE & SNB, i had clear margins and no lymph node involvement. My waiting times were very long from surgery to chemo starting, however this differs for everyone i think. The waiting is the hardest thing xxxxxx

Hi wendy

Thanks

Glad to hear that your first chemo was not so traumatic. I am worried but realise that it is for the best. did you have surgery?

How long is wait between sugery and starting chemo?

Jayni

Hi Jayni

Sorry to hear your diagnosis, I am having chemo radio and Herceptin also!! had my first chemo on 30th June, was much less traumatic than I thought it was going to be.

When you have your dates for chemo join one of the monthly threads on "going through treatment" it is a valuable support group with lots of handy hints and tips, everyone helps each other along.
Stay strong, hope you are recovering well.

Wendy xx

Hi am new to this but been reading lots of posts in the forum. I had mx and sn surgery on 1st july and am waiting for results due on 17th . Already been told it i will have chemo and herceptin as soon as recovered from surgery. I feel like i know some of you and can see what strong ladies you are.

Jayni

Hi welshcake, glad to hear your surgery went well, but sorry to hear there was a delay with your drains.

Nothing like getting into your own bed after being in hosptial for so long, is there. Hope you managed a good nights sleep.

Good luck for the 24th.

Mel - also hope your surgery went well.

Sending gentle hugs to you both

Cath

Mel, Hope your surgery went well on the 8th.  I had mine on the 4th and came home today.  I can honestly say my surgery was not as bad as I was expecting.  All went to plan, a little delay in both drains being removed, came out this morning so I was allowed home.  Feeling a bit tired but not in any pain, just a little sore, especially under the arm where the Auxillary clearance was done.  I have to return to see BCN on Tuesday and check to

see if any swelling and got my appointment for 24 July to get pathology/histology report and to see what happens next.  About to go off to bed - hope I can sleep as didnt get much in hospital, you know what its like, never still and quiet. 

Hi Deb
Wishing you well for tomorrow. I'm in a similar position to you. I'm booked in for mastectomy, LD reconstruction and ANC on 8th July 2 tumours.. One 3cm and one 7mm, both grade 1 invasive. SNB came back 1 out of 2 nodes positive hence ANC. Won't know if radio or chemo needed till after surgery.

Dreading surgery and worried about further treatment... but also want them to throw anything at it if there's the slightest chance it may have gone wandering.

I haven't phoned. my BCN for exactly the same reason... what is there to say? Any what can she say to make this any easier?

Hugs to you. xxx

Wishing you all the luck in the world for your op, welshcake. 

Hugs

Cath

tomorrow afternoon I will be going into hospital ready for my mastectomy Friday morning.  Originally, they wanted me to go in Friday morning but after speaking to the Breast Care Nurse, we agreed it would be less stressful for me to go in tomorrow especially seen as we live an hour's drive from the hospital.  I must say that the Breast Care Nurse has been a God send, always at the end of the phone to listen to me. Thank you Rhian. x

Thanks Jo,  I'm not really worried about the operation, what's getting to me is not knowing if I'll need Radiotherapy or Chemotherapy as they said they wouldn't know till they do the mastectomy.  They said if all they can see from tests so far is all that is there then I won't need anything further than the op.  But as I feel well, the thought of radio or chemo fills me with fear and dread, knowing that it makes you feel worse to make to better.  I haven't time to be ill! I presume this is the same for other ladies in this position.  The Breast Care Nurse said to ring and talk any time but don't know what to sayope all goes well for you. xx Deb (Welshcake1)

@welshcake1 wrote:

Back home at last. Afraid it wasn't the news I wanted. I have DCIS (Ductal carcinoma in situ - grade 3 and a lymph node under my arm is malignant that means the cancer is currently non-invasive, it hasn't developed the capability to spread and is contained in a duct and in the lymph node. Treatment is mastectomy which is booked for 4 July It isn't know yet if radio or chemotherapy is needed, probably not, but the good news is it is fully treatable and they expect full, complete removal and recovery. My only question was how soon can you do it! Hence 4 July. Still feel a fraud as feel really well and no ill effects at all!

I know it wasn't the news you wanted, but I love how you're finding the positives in your diagnosis. Treatable is good, and I'm glad you have a date for your op.

As for feeling a fraud ....ditto. Everyone around me is treating me like I'm made of sugar- drives me nuts because I feel fine, tired, but fine.

Keeping you in my thoughts. Shout out if you ever need to talk.

Hugs

Cath 

Hi welshcake, I understand how you feel about waiting, I too am also the same, I was diagnosed whilst pregnant and the waiting game of all test results drove me in sane but ive learnt to think now you cant change anything and follow there advise. I too feel fit, well and healthy, so I too feel like a fraud, surely if you have cancer you should feel ill. I have a further scan end of the month as there is a big question mark over whether its secondary, I also have an enlarged thyroid so a further question mark over that too. Good luck with your operation, there is some really good material on here on the effects of body image so please look into that. I've had to start my chemo, round 3 finished yesterday so if you want some advise on chemo please let me know, I have some handy tips for you tackling your first one. Best of luck with eveything and take a positive that you could be cancer free. Thinking of you. Jo.

Back home at last. Afraid it wasn't the news I wanted. I have DCIS (Ductal carcinoma in situ - grade 3 and a lymph node under my arm is malignant that means the cancer is currently non-invasive, it hasn't developed the capability to spread and is contained in a duct and in the lymph node. Treatment is mastectomy which is booked for 4 July It isn't know yet if radio or chemotherapy is needed, probably not, but the good news is it is fully treatable and they expect full, complete removal and recovery. My only question was how soon can you do it! Hence 4 July. Still feel a fraud as feel really well and no ill effects at all!

Hi, welshcake

Waiting is tough, but at least they've moved your date up so you should know one way or the other soon.

I will keep you in my thoughts. Good luck for Tuesday. Please let us know how you get on.

Cath

Dear welshcake1

Welcome to the forum but I'm sorry you find yourself in this worrying situation.  Waiting for test results is really difficult. 

You might find it helps to phone our Helpline to talk things over.  They'll be open again at 9.00am tomorrow.  (the opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays ).  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Tense Wait!

Hi there,

I am new to the forum but my story is I had a Gastric Sleeve operation last year and have lost 7 stone.  I noticed recently my left nipple had "turned inside out" so told my GP.  She said she didnt think it was anything but referred me to the breast clinic anyway. At the clinic, they  took an history then did mammograms.  They told me the inside out nipple was fine, the lump the Consultant found  on my right breast was fine (didnt know I had a lump!) But I have calcifications on my right breast.  They took 2 biopsies there and then under ultra sound.  These were looked at while I was still in Clinic and I was told they were very concerned as the samples were "very suspicious" and booked me in for a core biopsy under mammogram.  I had this done Tuesday and ws told I needed to come back to clinic Wednesday.  A letter arrived confirming the appointment but for Friday so I rang as thought I would go completely mad if I had to wait another 2 days.  The Secertary told me theyt had had the results back and had just been discussing me.  She had cancelled Fridays appointment and booked one for TUESDAY - the last one of the day so they would have more time!!! so now I am even more worried than before and cannot concertrate on anything!