Terrified at 27

2 REPLIES 2
minig

Re: Terrified at 27

Hi Cyk, I hope you got your results and it was good news. xx
Sam_BCC

Re: Terrified at 27

Hi Cyk27

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Guest user
Not applicable

Terrified at 27

Hi everyone,

I was lurking on here a couple of months back when I was referred to the breast clinic with a lump. I went for a core biopsy two months ago and was told to expect results in three weeks. Three weeks passed and nothing happened.

I tried to contact the hospital but kept getting promised a call that never came so I contacted my GP. They left me a voicemail to say that had received my results so I called straight away and the receptionist said, 'I think you best discuss them with a doctor'. I asked if she could just email me the results because I couldn't bear to wait any longer and she said, 'I don't think that would be a good idea until you have discussed it with the doctor'.

This doesn't sound good, does it?

The doctor is meant to be phoning me tomorrow but I can't stop shaking 😞