cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrified mum!!!

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Terrified mum!!!

Hi Sarah,
Inevitably you will feel anxious. It doesn't feel like it, but it's absolutely right your dr has referred you as only the breast clinic can sort it out for you.
Honestly, of all the things it can be, bc is the Least likely.
Waiting is hard as inevitably the mind goes into overdrive. easier said than done, but try to distract yourself & do not google as it only makes anxiety worse for no reason.
ann x

I found a lump a few weeks ago and went to doctor today she's referred me...she said she's not worried but definitely something there....i was fine but have 2 young children and tonight at bedtime started panicking!

Thank you Jesse,that. is fabulous news,I am so happy for you. You must be so relieved. I will let you know how it goes xx

Hi Belle, i was seen at the hosp exactly 2 weeks after i saw my doctor and everything came back ok. The nurse who felt the armpit lump said she wasn't too concerned as it didn't feel sinister and sent me for a scan which came back clear. It was just glandular tissue. I really hope you get the same result, easier said than done but try not to worry and dont google your symptoms. Let me know how you get on x

How did you get on Jesse ? I have the same symptoms and waiting on an appointment x

just to add, if you want or need any further info, do use this site or call the helpline above.
x

hi Jessie,
Easier said than done, but try not to panic. Of all the things it can be, bc is the Least likely. It is rare in someone yoir age.
The problem with generally googling symptoms is that ultimately the bc option comes up & creates a whole load of extra anxiety, so it's really best avoided.
There are many women who come on here with the symptoms you describe who get the all clear.
Although it doesn't feel like it, it's good you have been referred to get it properly checked out.
Do let us know how you get on
ann x

Terrified mum!!!

Hello I am posting in the hope that someone can stop me from going out of my mind. I am 29 years old and a couple of months ago I found a lump in my armpit, i was ill with one cold after another so I waited to see if it went down. Two months later it is still there but I am also getting a dull achy pain in my back just under my shoulder blade. I went and saw my doctor last week and she referred me to a breast clinic, they were really speedy and I got my appointment the next day. My appointment is next week and I am now going out of my mind with worry because I stupidly googled my symptoms about the armpit lump with back pain and it all points towards the worst. Please is there anyone out there who has had anything similar?

Thank you xx