Terrified waiting for results

Hi everyone.

I hope you are all well.

I felt the need to reach out to you. I went to the GP after a large lump developed quite quickly shortly after a cyst I had burst. The hospital did ultrasound, mammogram and biopsies and I’m now waiting for the results. The woman taking the biopsy said that the needle was sticky when it came out. I don’t know if that significant in any way. The doctor said he was suspicious that the lump could be cancer. I go for results on 17th August. I am terrified. I don’t have a famit history of BC and other than a painful lump I have had no other symptoms. I have has cysts before.

Dont know mych about these things, but someone more knowledgable will come along …just wanted to say I’m thinking of you and wishing you good news on the 17th…it’s probably another cyst.

love and best wishes xxx

Hi Whytefawn,

It’s always the pits when waiting for results, but although it doesn’t feel like it, it’s good they are being thorough & they will get to the bottom of it.

Mostly any breast change is not due to bc & as you say, you have had a history of cysts.

Although there’s not a magic wand in dealing with the anxiety, it can help to carry on as usual, distract yourself whilst waiting & avoid googling as this can only create a lot of unnecessary anxiety which doesn’t change anything. 

If you want to, do let us know how you get on.

ann x

Thank you for your lovely comments. I’m trying to think positive and if the news is worse case scenario then I will meet it head on and deal with it. It’s just a hurdle on the road of life. X

So I got my results today and turns out I do have BC. Had more biopsies to check lymph nodes before they decided whether to operate or chemo first.