Terrified

Hello.

I am waiting for an appointment to the local Rapid Breast Clinic on 28th June, a week today. My problems started months ago but I never thought of the seriousness at all.  I noticed a blind fairly large spot on my right breast but never gave it much worry as I have always been a spotty person suffering with thme on my back and occasional ones on my face too.  

This big blind red spot burst open on 19th Jan. It never hurt at all. I was lying down in the bath and my little girl came into the bathroom and said “Mummy what is that blood?”.  I looked down at my breats and the spot had basically ‘exploded’ and was oozing loads of blood.   

I went the following morning to my GP as my friend said it was an abscess as it left an ample hole like crater.  My GP didn’t seem at all concerned saying it was a simply a spot and he gave me some antibacterial cream to put on it.  I asked him to check my breasts as I have very lumpy breast tissue and I would never know what is a lump to worry about!  He did and said that yes I did have lumpy breast tissue but he felt nothing to be concerned about.

Well since then, I have been back and forth every two weeks!  I got more absesses on my left breast too.  They simply kept giving me antibiotic and antibiotic, some made me feel very ill.  Each time a different doctor made a different diagnosis, even moaning at me as to why did one of the docotors gave me antibiotics when they werent needed in her opinion.  They thought it was a staph infection.  

I noticed my weight was coming off me but normal weight loss, this is a weird loss, its like my muscles are disappearing. My fat seems to have gone from all my legs and bony areas my hips etc. My backbone sticks out awful.  I have lost 2.5 stone since Jan.  I have to lie on pillows as it just hurts to lie in my mattress.  I get red matks on my body where I have lain down.  

These are all my symptoms, strange abscesses on breasts though none at present, both breasts itchy nipples, pain only in left breast but not there most of the time - sharp stabbing shooting pain, spots on thighs and back, tingling almost burning sensation to skin, numbness to some fingers and feet, diareah, gurgling stomach digestion noises very loud, pain in upper left abdomen under ribs radiating to same region in my back. Extreme fatigue, needing sleep in day too.  Rapid weight loss, continuing to lose weight.  So scared!

I finally lost faith in my old GP and moved to another surgery in May and have since had an endoscopy, colonoscopy, loads blood tests done.  He then did some marker tests and my pancreas showed raised amalyse whatever that is so he ordered an ultrasound on my abdomen.  They cannot see all the pancreas so he has asked the consultant to do a CT and await this.  At this appt I insisted my doc check my breasts as its niggling me this is the base of my probs.  He did and discovered in his words a “mass” behind both breats and said one in my left breast appears to have been there for some time!!  Hence waiting on appt next week. 

I am so scared! I only 43, single mum with little 5 yr old.  

Has anyone else experienced these symtoms, some of them, all of them???

Blooming heck Doofers,you have really been put through the mill haven’t you.I hope you get some answers at the breast clinic and can get on with some treatment that helps you.Jill.

Hi Doofers. I’m glad you changed your GP as nothing was being done. Have you had the results of your other tests? Just wanted to reassure you we’re all here for you please don’t sit and worry. Let us know how you get on xx

Had all clear on my mammogram today and it was just lumpy glandular tissue, phew!

just my ct scan next week in my pancreas.  Try to get to the bottom of my weight loss.   So relieved with today’s results though!! ?

Brilliant news !!Hope CT scan gives you some clue at to what’s going on and you can get on with getting better.