Test results of Hadfields procedure due tomorrow.

I had a Hadfields procedure on my left breast on 10th December 2012 as I had been having a blood stained discharge from my nipple. I get my results tomorrow and I am petrified. I am still very sore from the operation and today I am feeling very emotional. I have a 9 year old daughter and 3 grown up children and I fear for them if the results are not good. I have to pretend to everyone that I am not worried, and put on a positive face all the time but inside I am crying as I am so scared. My 2 sister in laws are currently having treatment for breast cancer, but they are a lot older than me, one is 60 and the other is 70, I am 48. I havent told anyone other than my husband, children and parents about my operation, so everyone else has no idea I have had surgery. I keep telling myself that the results will all be ok and it is just a change due to my age, but the closer to results day I get the more frightened I am. I also dont know if it is right being so sore. I was sore after the op but was ok by the weekend, but yesterday my breast, especially around the incision is very painful, feels warm and has a hard lump. I am at the hospital tomorrow morning so I know they will check this for me, but I am worried as I feel worse now that I did a few days ago. I would really appreciate feedback from anyone who has had the Hadfields procedure as until I read on the website before I didnt realise it was removal of the ducts I thought I was just having a small biopsy. Thanks.

Hi Janice,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site, who I am sure will be along shortly to support you.

I have also put for you below a link to the area of this website where the Hadfields procedure is discussed. You might also like to give our freefone helpline a ring and have a chat with one of the nurses, they’re here to support you through this 0808 800 6000, lines open Mon-Fri 9-5 and Sat 10-2

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/breast-awareness/benign-breast-conditions/duct%C2%A0ectasia

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Hi Jo,
Thank you so much for your post, I just feel so lost and dont know where to go for advice. I will take a look at your link now.

Thanks again, Janice x