The Big 40

Hi Ladies
I would just like to say a big thank you to all you ladies and breastcancercare for the help,advise and information this site has provided to me through the forums, open chats and the opportunity to attend a younger womans forum in Sheffield last March.
I was dx in April 07 10 days after getting married, I had two young children and thought my life was over.
After been told it was very agressive,grade3 had spread to lymphs,was HER2 positive and ER positive, I really struggled to deal with it.
After mastectomy,node clearance,chemo,rads,herceptin,tamoxifen delayed diep recon and now arimidex I am trying to look to the future rather then dwell in the past,its very difficult, but now I have reached my 40th Birthday(31st October) I feel I have reached an enormous milestone that I thought I would never reach.
Im not really sure what I am trying to say as not very good with words, but I am realistic it will always be in the back of my mind, but i am starting to feel its not the first thought when I open my eyes in a morning.
Its a dreadful illness, which many are still living with and dealing with daily.
I am so grateful for my families support my husband has been the most fantastic person I could have had for support and my children have been their usual cheeky selves!
I asked for donation to BCC in lieu of gifts for my birthday, many friend have donated online and I have cheques to send off from others.
Thank you again ladies, I will always visit this forum as I still find it a great help.
Rachel x

Happy birthday Rachel, my 40th was 3 years ago and was my best birthday ever, ive already starting planning my 50th cos im going to beat this bugger

so kind of you to donate money to breast cancer instead of pressies, well done, you should be proud of yourself.

take care

Carol xx

Hi Rachel,

Happy 40th Birthday!!! And well done for emerging like a butterfly from a chrysalis!! 40 is a new beginning and I hope you can put the events of the last couple of years behind you. It definately is a journey! You deserve some peace to enjoy life and your family. This site is proof that the support here can help to heal some of the wounds inflicted upon us through breast cancer.

I’m 40 in May, one week after finishing herceptin!! I am looking forward to a new begining. Onwards and upwards!!!

All the best Rachel for yourself and family

Fiona xxx

Hi all celebrating 40th birthdays.

I was diagnosed with bad prognosis at 37 Dec 05, thought I would never see my 40th. Lost a friend at 38 to an in-operable brain tumour and another at 39 to BC, both were really p****d off and quite bitter that they wouldn’t be alive for theirs.

Being a June birthday there had been loads of old school friends parties so me and my 2 best mates decided to go for it, one of my all time wishes, Mouline Rouge Paris, no husbands and no kids, just the girls drinking champagne on a weekend get a way. I also got to wear a beautiful dress that showed off my cleavage as had recon 6 months prior.

I am and this is fingers crossed decided to celebrate big style on 5yr NED, I am hitting 4 yrs this December and like you Rachel will have donations rather than presents.

Never thought when I was younger what an achievement hitting the BIG 40 would be.

Debbie

Hi Rachael, A belated Happy Birthday to you. May you have many many more birthdays to celebrate. My 40th birthday party was a surprise one and the first birthday I had following chemotherapy and mastectomy. In February I will be celebrating my 60th. If anyone had told me then that I would still be around today I wouldn’t have believed them. Go on to enjoy the rest of your life Rachel. You deserve it.
Love Val XX