75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

JulieD
Community Champion

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Been a bit quiet here, maybe we all overdid the Abba fest?!

I've got here early to claim my chair by the lake under the tree with a good view of the big screen. Roger should be on court shortly and of course Andy will be there later - can't wait! Didn't Heather do brilliantly!

Don't really care for Pimms but have got an ice bucket and supplies of wine, coke and water, oh and crisps. Hope the husbands will put on some suitable attire and do 'table' service later so I can just lounge and watch the tennis. At least there's a nice breeze here in the cafe, a bit too warm in Sussex.

Well I'll be here most of the day, will catch up with you lovely ladies when you turn up.

Helen keep resting, we'll be glad to see you when you are ready but don't rush.

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

So busy hunting for my lurex platform boots that I missed Mamma Mia!! Perhaps they were " slipping through my fingers"? Probably Helen swiped them so she could join in the dancing.... And dance her way out of hospital ...... Welcome back, lovely lady!!
Can I join you ladies with a Pimms, or two...or 6? And a hammock by the lake with the widescreen TV and Wimbledon on? Stay cool everyone, a dampened sarong wrapped round, is my tip xxx

Popping in for a Pimms and to look over the order of play. Such a beautiful day at the cafe today. I'm going to borrow one of the husbands to fan me while I laze in a hammock by the lake xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Another glorious day in the cafe ☀️☀️☀️
Just laying out the big table with all Helen's favourites for when she drops in, and by that I mean drinks and things, not husbands 😉
It seems the Mamma Mia night was a great success, sorry I wasn't here to join in being away on hols, however I had read all about it - and now seen the photos in Hello! Quite surprised they printed some of them, especially the ones with Marie in 📷 💃💃💃
Enjoy the sun
Nicky x

Freezers stocked to the brim ladies. Ice cream, strawberries and cream for Wimbledon watching, magnums, all flavours! Stay cool. X

Oh my goodness what a good night. Belinda can you please bring  a strong coffee over to me . I'm under the tree. Has anyone seen my  white platform boots ? Just feeling a little fragile, no Belinda I couldn't manage a bacon sandwich.

Love Marie xxx

Morning all, oh lovely, strong coffee, much needed. Forgotten how difficult it is to swim in flares. Great evening though, hope we made enough noise for you Helen. X

Picking my way gingerly through lots of empty bottles and discarded platform boots this morning! The husbands have barricaded themselves into Windy's mill and look a little traumatised. The finale was wonderful ladies - did everyone make it back out of the lake ok? Popping the coffee on now xxx

The water slide is fab, feel like a teenager again having fun with all my friends. Hope those who aren't too well at the moment can hear us all singing just for them. Think the husbands will run a mile when we sing Gimme Gimme Gimme a Man After Midnight, especially if we've had too much nice wine x
JulieD
Community Champion

Wow, what a party, just as well there are no neighbours to mind the noise. I thought as it was so warm I'd wear a nice cool kaftan, sitting here with feet dangling in the lake and watching Marie zooming down the bannister slide. Bear has rigged up a hose so it's a water slide and looks like great fun. Ooops Marie - nice pants! (yes she is wearing some).

Am hoping we aren't disturbing Helen too much but that she is able to hear the music and have a little giggle.

I'm looking forward to jumping in the water later, it's still very warm. In fact I think I might pop over to the counter and get myself a nice big 99 icecream.

Anyone seen Pierce and Marie?
I don't think it takes this long to show someone your Abba CD collection.

Bear is making a bannister so that we can all slide down it when we sing dancing queen hope its not like his stone edge construction but a little more oozo and I don't think it will matter Party really getting wild wish you were here Helen xxx

Helen if you can hear Windy you might need some earplugs, the Ouzo is not helping as he is slurring his words, but as everybody else is getting into the singing, I think we can drown him out, bless him.  Your husbands are good cooks though, the food is fab.  Cheers everyone xx

Hope you can hear this Helen, Windy has a rather fine voice, once you get used to it.
Lovely outfits everyone. X

Hi lemonDrizzle..I have my treatment at the lilac center at St.Helens hospital,its a really friendly place.. when I had radiotherapy first time round, I went to Clatterbridge.
The party seems in full swing now...I have my best long, white pull-on platform boots
specially for the occasion...nothing else, just them!!! No, only joking I have my best knitted jumpsuit with the flared legs...mustnt jump in the water with that on, I'll sink!!
Lots of love and chinking of glasses to those who cant be with us...xxx Dot

Hello ladies, the stage looks wonderful, the music is great and the food smells delicious. I hope we are all ready to jump in the lake after ' Dancing Queen '  . Poor old Windy all these parties are wearing him out , or maybe it's the oozo.

Welcome to all our lovely new friends, this is the best cafe . To all having a difficult time we are thinking of you, please take care. Got to go Pierce has arrived .

Love Marie xxxx

Raising a glass tro anyone having a tough weekend - good grief that's strong!! I'm torn between wearing my dungarees or my floaty tops and flares. May need a few costume changes for this sing along!!

Wow this party is starting early oozo is very nice but very strong Husband's greek food is great can I borrow one of them. Where is Marie and Windy I am sure we will hear her singing soon or are they asleep after all that oozo how many do you need to test it.Let the party commence and Helen you should hear this from your hospital bed there are so many gathering and this is all for you wishing you lots of hugs and love xxx

Also anyone else stuck in hospital hope you can hear this too love to all xxx

Good afternoon Dot - I don't remember welcoming you so please forgive me. You must be kept busy with your granddaughters, but I bet you love it! Being nosy now - where are you treated, I'm at Christies as I'm in NW also.
Just choosing my spot for tonight's Abba spectacular and looking forward to gossiping with you all. Thinking of you Helen, hope someone can bring you some Abba songs so you don't feel left out x

Morning lillybobs, morning all, just having some fluffy scrambled eggs, cafe finest and popping back later. I just happened to have Bjorn and Benny round for drinks the other day so, putting my hands up, I had a couple of sing songs as a practice run then. 😉 x

Good morning to all in the cafe...I'm a bit early this morning aren't I, its a lovely sunny day in the NW for a change so am up a bit earlier than usual! For those who dont know me yet, my name is Dot, I'm 55, married with 2 grown up girls, and have 3 grandaughters( 12, 8 and 2)..right thats enough introductions..lets get this party started!! I love a bit of a sing song, and you cant beat a bit of Abba..am warming me pipes up as we speak...what was that someone said..sounds like cinders crunching under a door- ooo cheeky!! I'll grab a lovely milky coffee while I'm waiting for everyone..

Hope Helen will be coming♥♥ 

See you all soon xxx Dot

Just catching up on here. Raising a glass to Helen. I think a Mamamia sing along on a gorgeous Greek beach sounds like just the thing. Dust off your floaty shirts and dungarees everyone!

LD don't worry about singing we are in the cyber cafe so can all sing beautifully even after having a drink. Let's raise ours glasses for Helen and anyone else feeling out of sorts. Hugs everyone before we do the conga around the garden. xxJanetxx

Oh dear Marie who is corrupting who Windy is rolling on the floor its a great party Abba music going well oozo really strong hic hic. Helen we need you back to control Marie I am sure you can hear her from your bed food great clever husbands doing well could do with borrowing one. Hugs to Helen and all poorly ladies who can't make the party xxx

Ladies our wonderful Mamma Mia spectacular is on Saturday, we are practising out by the lake this evening. We want it  to be so loud and wonderful that Helen can hear it from her hospital window. . Windy has made some oozo for the party and Helen's husbands are making some wonderful Greek food . It's going to be fabulous. I have had a ****work week so I'm starting on the oozo now, just a bit of market research

New ladies please join us the more the better.

hic hic this really is good stuff Windy.

love Marie

Cheers Helen - thinking of you x
Ooh Mama Mia - I still love Abba songs. When there's only me in the car my Abba Gold album goes on and I have a good singalong, so I'm definitely booking my place for Saturday. After a few glasses of Prosecco I'll sing willingly, but you'd better bring ear plugs as I sound worse than a cat! You have been warned!! x

Ladies, I know we are all missing our lovely Helen, but may I suggest a Mamma Mia festival . Colin Firth says he will come, Pierce Brosman says he can come, but has a sore throat, so no singing, phew and the other one. So blow the dust of your dvds ( I know you all have it ) start practising the words, because this saturday we will be in Greece.  xxx Marie

I couldn't get on to live chat tonight either, so thought I'd call in at the cybercafe to raise a glass of bubbly to Helen, and I really hope you are back soon, Helen. xx

Did try to join chat Julie, had registered but still no luck, perhaps try another time, using iPad if that makes a difference?
Well Helen, we need you back, you are the only one the husbands pay any heed to. I hope you are home again very, very soon, you are, as you can see, much missed by us all. X
JulieD
Community Champion

Marirose I'll join you in raising a glass to Helen. Looking forward to having you back in the cafe Helen, your hubbies are behaving for now but you know what they're like, they'll start squabbling about aprons soon.!

The three legged race earlier today has wiped me out and my ribs are aching with the laughter, I'm sure Marie and Windy must have found a way to cheat, how could they win every race?!

Quick glass of something cold and then I'm off to Live Chat, maybe I'llsee some of you there xx

Hi everyone lets say cheers Helen we are all thinking of you and send you loads and loads of hugs and love your hubbies are behaving themselves and taking care of us Cat Very Happyxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone, not been in here for a while. We had a big do at home to introduce everyone to our new grandson.
It is nice just to sit here in the sunshine with a cappaccino and watch the world go by. I usually pop in to see you all but just sit quietly and enjoy watching. I am considering the colouring books for adults. - seem very popular in here...

Hi lalie, we pop in and out of this thread throughout the day. Help yourself to one of our breakfasts, on the house of course. We have a spacious garden, activities and all sorts happening. It's our non cancer thread where we let our imagination run a little wild and sometimes behave a little bit silly, well really wild, even raucous sometimes. 😀
X

Hello , not sure how this works. Is there anyone there lol x

A new week, fresh coffee brewing, those pastries look almost too good to eat. Fluffy scrambled eggs for me and unlike real life, where I live in the UK, the sun is actually shining in the cafe. 😎 x
JulieD
Community Champion

Cheers LD! xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Come and chill out Marie, you need a rest Woman LOL, clink of glasses, hic, hic

Looks like I've missed all the fun this weekend but have been too busy to pop in as we've had friends staying for a few days. I'm having some of the champagne to help me relax now they've gone and looking forward to the shenanigans you all get upto on this longest day x

Oh my goodness , have had a house full this weekend. It felt like the Marie hotel. Had to put a pinny over my MM dress, kick my high heels off and put on my sensible shoes.

It was lovely , but am ready to put on my lipstick , squirt the Chanel  no 5 and come and join you for the 50s finale. Windy has really taken to the pizza making . Oh and all our oncs have sent magnums of champagne for us to celebrate the longest day, they're not a bad bunch really.

Take care

love

Marie xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Well I could hear the music here on the bone thread! Sounds like a lot of jiving going on. I think Marie must have started early, am sure that's her feet sticking out from under the bush and I think that's Windy snoring next to her. Chocolates will be along later but she's practicing the hoola hoop for the competition later this afternoon.

I'm going to have a quick cocktail and then off to watch Andy Murray. Hope the sun stays out.

Be back for the fun later xx

I think they all peaked too soon Marirose, Marie starts the weekend on Thursdays. 🙂

Hiya were is everyone I've got my gear on and ready to have a jive I have been looking forward to this crazy lot on thier 50s night will have to catch up on some  sleep under the willow tree love to all xxxxxx

Only coffee for me today. Off to meet a friend. Wel lmaybe I could managea little stack of  toast. The no calorie one please.x

You're very welcome Sue. Nicky I've thrown some wobbly shapes and am an expert moon walker. Time for a pizza or three. 🙂

Belinda. Thank you so much for your message. Can't tell you how reassured I feel by your posting. Looking forward to having lots of fun with you lovely ladies. Bless us all S Sue.xx

nicky08
Community Champion

C'mon Belinda put that knitting down and join in, you know you want to 💃💃💃 I must say JT's slinky hips are mighty fine and move in all sorts of ways. I must sit down in the shade to cool myself down 💨 Wear any outfit you like and throw some shapes 😊
Hope everyone is having a good day, both in their visit here or out there in the big bad world.
Can't wait for pizza tonight 🍕
Nicky x

Morning all, I thought I'd entered a parallel universe, where else would you see Marilyn Monroe and Windy Miller sharing a pizza? Nicky is popping gum and jiving with a very young looking John Travolta, both wearing trousers which seem to have been sprayed on! Seems to be dance practice with teacher Helen and Patrick Swayze.
I shall settle in the craft corner, with a strong cup of tea, feel like Miss Marple who has just stumbled upon the village rave. Now where's me knitting....

Good Morning Ladies, I love my white Marilyn Monroe dress and high heels. I just can't bear to take them off, not sure what work will think when I arrive. Just time for a quick coffee before I leave. Hope you have a better day Janette, it does just creep on us sometime. I think it will be a pizza parlour tonight in the cafe, the weekend starts on a Thursday night. Windy is busy making the pizza oven for us, but Bear keeps getting in the way. Have a good day everyone, see you later . Marie xxx

Janette,I'm here with a huge bottle of bubbly. Come on let's get drunk. As you know we can't get hangovers here.

Marie,the Marilyn Monroe outfit is lovely. Windy will have his sails on full speed to blow your dress too.

Now,has anybody seen Bear? A huge amount of steel cages have just arrived and he's still got that dinosaur keeping for dummies tucked under his arm .
Hugs,Helen xxxx

Large glass of bubbly on its way. We can have a practise on all the stalls while no one is looking. I think I will go in my Marilyn Monroe outfit on Saturday. Got to go to practise my Happy birthday Mr President. Love Marie xxx