72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

yil

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Hi

Just popped in to say Hello after a very long and tireing day going to hospital to visit my hubby who juststarted his chemo for Lymphoma after a year I finnished my SBC treatment.  Can anyone imagine thisnightmare,  anyways I come to order myself a nice tall glass of best champagne and hope it will make me sleep well tonight as not slept more than a couple of hours for a long time.

Yil

Marie123

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

The fromage and selected French wines have just arrived. My Bridget Bardot outfit looks lovely , the black eye pencil was a bit tricky . Helen I 'm blowing a kiss to you. Sorry , Belinda has told me to be quiet Les MIs are about to start. Marie xx
belinda

Oh the cyclists were exciting. 🙂 I especially loved the extra lap round the sand castles.
Plenty of picnic blankets and hampers for the summer evening production Les Mis. Lovely warm evening. X
EJ81

I'm such a francophile this is right up my rue! Looking forward to some steak and lovely seafood and crêpes. Think we should do the whole day and start with fresh coffee and croissant in the morning before turning the cafe into a salon du the for mid morning and so on. I'll join in with the cancan if I can still move by the end of the day!
Marirose

I'm all for French night how about Moulin Rouge dance troupe I would love to do the can-can but I don't want to dance topless but if Toulouse- Lautrec wants to paint boobs on me in his picture I don't mind. xxx

Marie123

Maybe Spit could dress as a poodle, and we can call Bobby , Roberto for one night . Just off to get my Bridget Bardot costume out of the cleaners for Saturday , such fun, Marie xxxx
belinda

By the way I haven't told our summer pier stars, Spit the dog and Bobby Davro they are being shelved for one night for Les Mis. Perhaps Marie? X
belinda

Ooh la la, it will be a busy weekend, after le chefs and le whole of le Tour de France alongside the whole of the cast of Les Mis we could wind down with pretend murder mystery fun with Inspector Poirot (from Belgium!) and Inspector Clouseau.
Ah late breakfast for me boiled oeufs and toast. Yum.
nicky08
Community Champion

Bonjour mes amis - ow you say - Vive le France 🇫🇷 I've also organised that the Tour de France will pass through, just a small detour from the mountains where they currently are but they don't mind. 🚲 🚴 🚵
Looking forward seeing Raymond and I hear he might bring along Jean Christophe Novelli, another bit of French eye candy for us to gaze upon 😊
Have a lovely days ladies whatever you are doing in here and in the real world.
Nicky x

belinda

Oh Allo, Allo, looking forward to the weekend. 🙂
EJ81

I'll drink to that. I've just had a word with Raymond Blanc and he has agreed to come and cook for us and then to stay for the party and chat to us all with his sexy French accent, ooh feeling a bit weak at the knees just thinking about it! Might have to have a little sit down in a deck chair and recover!
Marie123

Cheers ladies, feeling a bit better although that maybe the pickled egg and Guinness. Idea for Saturday, as it was Bastille day yesterday how about a French weekend, I think I can persuade the cast of Les MIS to appear. We could have lovely French food and champagne followed by coffee and cognac. Vive le France
JulieD
Community Champion

Thank you for the drinks girls (hic!). The pier is coming on nicely, we'll be able to have bath tub races round it soon. I had a lovely boat ride and then a little paddle as forgot to bring my costume and too shy to skinny dip!

Marie you are a lovely resilient woman and all your pals are here so we will eat drink and be merry together and stick our tongues out and fingers up to any nasties!

Think I need a nice bacon butty to soak up the booze...

Marirose

Thats the spirit Marie stay positive girl and lets have a good drink maybe a nice boat ride too the hubbies are doing the rowing. you all seam to be enjoying the water today skinny dipping well I never but it is a hot day I would like to join you but my body looks a right mess with skin mets I'll wear my costume. Such a lovely afternoon love to you all xxx

Marie123

Thanks everyone, it's all so disappointing, hey ho determined to stay positive, have put money behind the till so please all have a drink with me love M
nicky08
Community Champion

Belinda, you do move quick, goodness me you nearly knocked me over in your dash into the cafe. Enjoy the pickled eggs and Guiness, I might just take an anti sickness tablet to help me get over that thought 💭😝
Nicky x

belinda

Oh hello Nicky, didn't see you behind all those drinks. 🙂 x
belinda

Barman Bear please put all the lunchtime drinks on my tab today, as I haven't won the premium bonds again. 🙂 A fruity red for Marie and anyone else please let Bear know. Pickled egg and Guinness yum. X
nicky08
Community Champion

Just lining up the stiff drinks for Marie and anyone else who needs, or wants, one today. 🍸🍹🍷🍻🍷🍸🍹
Come and get them 😊
Nicky 💖

EJ81

Hi everybody. I have just had a morning swim in the sea - lovely! Now I'm tucking in to a cooked breakfast and coffee. Looks like Bear's started on a pier so we can have some fun and games later! Xxx
edwina64

Hi everyone...Helen you paint such a lovely tranquil picture of the lake will definitely be joining everyone, maybe get a boat and be rowded around by husbands whilst sipping the champagne  of course!  Maybe skinny dipping or is that not allowed?

Marirose

I've got my bucket and spade lets have a sand castle competiition OH NO LETS FORGET IT Bear will get his Digger out again. Hello Helen it was a good idea having stricley we all had fun. LD I didn't know about Marie and  Len I take back the nice things I said about her she is a cheeky flirt and (hush hush a cheat)

Well I'm off to play in the sand love to all xxx 

Marie123

Tut Tut ladies I won fair and square. However, I think it was my second dance, a fox trot with Windy that clinched it. I'm so excited about the beach. Just off to find my bikini, Take care. M
EJ81

Quickly put those scales back under the bed, they are an evil invention and never say the right thing! - I just go by whether my trousers will do up!!

Popping in for a late lunch of fish and chips. I don't know how Bear has done it but we have a beach on the other side of the cafe now! I'm sat in the sunshine watching the waves. Not too many seagulls either so I think my chips will be safe! Might have a paddle later xxx

bill-ben

Morning ladies thought I should make my first visit to the cafe so I can have a calorie free lunch. I found the bathroom scales yesterday which have been hiding under the bed since we moved house. Horrendeous I have put back on nearly all the weight I lost last year so some calorie free lunch would do me well. Maybe my idea last week that as I have had to go back on chemo I could indulge a bit beforehand was not so good. I will sit by the lake in the sunshine as it is wet and horrible here today. I should have come here earlier so I could have taken part in the dancing for a bit of exercise to help with the flab but I don't know of any shops that sell dance shoes for people with two left feet in size 9!!!

LemonDrizzle

Hello yil, nice to see you here.
Well, our strictly night was a bit of a let down. I was dancing with Kevin from Grimsby and we should have won. However, Marie wouldn't stop flirting with Len and after she whispered something in his ear (something totally inappropriate obviously) she received the highest scores so walked away with the glitterball and Len. Just hope the poor man survived!
Have as good a week as you can, love to you all
LD x
yil

Thank you JulieD for welcoming me I will drop in again. Iam off to bed I say goodnight. Another appt. at the Hospt. in the morning.
JulieD
Community Champion

Hi Yil, nice to meet you. The cafe is a great place to chill out and meet friends for a bit of light hearted fun so I hope you'll enjoy it. Don't worry about not being very techie, I'm sure you will get used to posting and we all make typos etc so don't worry.

Good to see yo back in the cafe Helen, hope yo are feeling a little brighter. I'm sure the tennis and the dancing will have made you smile.

Congratulations to all those who took part in strictly, I never dance as I'm  rubbish but I do like watching. Not sure what I'm going to do with myself next week now the tennis is over but I'm sure something will turn up.

Just going to get a hot chocolate and a piece of shortbread and will sit in the big armchair by the window before going to bed. Hope every one has a good week xx

yil

Hi everyone,

I am not a confident person with technology but somehow I bumped on to this site and I like the sound of it.So here I am please excuse me if I sound a bit silly.

This place sounds where I like to come in and chill out by the lake, as I don't go out only to hospitals appts. and thats a lot of appt. so its nice to come in and make friends and have a chat and enjoy whatever on the menu is.  I'll have a nice red rose please.

Yil

belinda

Well someone had to be the Widdecombe and it was me. 🙂 x
Marirose

Congratulations Marie you really are a girl of many talents. I was the first out but I must say Brendan was very good should have picked a different dance Waltz was never my forte' enjoyed gliding around in my elegant dress though. Raising my glass of champagne to you all xxx

Marie123

Oh Ladies, I am quite overcome . Winning the glitter ball how marvellous. I loved the tango. Please join me for a glass of champagne down by the lake.
Good luck everyone. M xxxx
2catlady

Oh, my Argentine Tango with Vincent ,if I do say myself was rather good. Good job Marie had flatform boots from last week that Vincent could use as he is a bit vertically challenged.
Oh,the grass looks pretty with lost sequins catching the sun light.
I'm sitting next to lake with feet dangling in water and eating my breakfast .
Huge hugs,Helen xxxxx
Marie123

I have a red rose in my hair, my clicky shoes are ready to tango and Anton is calling me . Good luck everyone . M xxx

belinda

Ok, bring it on, I'm ready, sequinned to the max.
X
Marie123

Click click click, just practising my tango. All very dramatic and Latin. Think I probably need a couple of Windy's cocktails to carry this off tomorrow, but hopeful of getting straight 10s
. M xxx
belinda

Thank you Brucie, what a dancer, hope I didn't break any toes. Loved Windy and Bear's tango, Windy must have super glued his hat on. Just practising before the big night, Arlene's idea and a habit I picked up when I was in her troupe Hot Gossip. X
Marirose

Hi Helen nice to see you back at the cafe you have been missed hope you are feeling a little better your oxygen tank is all set up for you. Strictly sounds great would love to wear one of those gorgeous dresses but I would have to have Brendan to dance with me he always gets the odd ones ( won't say losers) Now I am in need of a nice drink and rest under that lovely Willow tree here comes one of the hubbies bye for now xxx

EJ81

Ooh another full English here please! Love the idea of a strictly night. I'll have a dance with Pasha please! Might have to dance with him now as we're away this weekend but that way we can test the stage for you xxx
belinda

Morning Helen, ooh yes good idea. I'm great friends with Brucie, he can give a master class in tap.
Just helping myself to the Cyber Cafe's finest CiderTizer mix and DC is cooking a full English for me, anyone else? Love this virtual cafe life, no calories. 😬
X
2catlady

Good morning lovely ladies.
I've not caught up with all of threads . Ive noticed Bear sneaking away with huge legs off cows to feed whatever he has hid in a quite part of cafe. If someone has let him see Jurassic World ....... Well the naughty step will be getting someone on it.

Could we have a Strictly Come Dancing night tomorrow? I'm huge fan of show. 💃👠💅👗👯 ?
We can all get to do a dance or two and wear sparkly dresses.
Bear can start building stage lol.
Huge hugs, Helen xxxxxxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Gosh, that was a very strong cocktail from Windy 🍹luckily no hangover as they aren't allowed in the Cyber cafe 😊 A lovely bright and breezy day and the sun is shining off the lake, how lovely. What games shall we get up to today? Bear is increasingly bored so needs some activity to get on with, possibly a Go Ape type of obstacle course? That will keep him quite for a bit. Will drop in later, during my reality day at the hospital for my treatment. Have a good day everyone wherever you all are.
Nicky x

Marie123

Don't worry ladies, Windy has some home brew going  Just take it easy it's pretty strong. Maybe we could make a cocktail with the tizer. Take care M

belinda

Oh dear he means well but Bear has just stocked up on Tizer. Umm it is cold and it is sparkly? X
sallyhennypenny

Yay, go Marie!!

I've had a nice little break in France so feeling well rested.  Have missed a fair bit of Wimbledon though.  Can we have a big screen up in the cybercafe where we can all watch the semis and the finals?  Naturally with strawberries and cream, and a few cheeky glasses of something cold and sparkly?

xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Well done Marie! That was a good time too, think you deserve a quiet day being waited on xx

Hope it's a bit cooler by tomorrow as I'm meant to be making a vegan chocolate cake and don't fancy doing it in this heat! However, that's tomorrow, for now I think I'll have a freshly squeezed orange juice and a little snooze under the willow. Feel free to wake me if anyone wants a chat.

Marie123

Good Morning Ladies, I did my walk in 1hour 30mins yippee. I now need a comfy chair and a piggy massage.

I think I would like to be waited on by the husbands a nice cup of coffee and some toast would be good.

love Marie xxxx

belinda

Morning Chocolates, the husbands are ironing aprons, making themselves all smart for Helen. What a frenzy, supplies for hair gel are being delivered. Have to say DC is looking especially smart in his suit but oh dear I think those are Marie's missing platform boots. X
Chocolates

I've come in for a nice quiet start to the day. Sitting under the willow by the lake, birds are singing and finally the cafe looks tidy again after last week. Helen must be due in soon!!!! No signs of the husbands, apart from ph who has made me pancakes with strawberries with freshly squeezed orange juice - just divine.
Going to sit here for a while - so will see some of you for a chat when you pop in. Xx
belinda

Hi Julie, hi all. 🙂 I'm wearing my bestest tennis whites. Watched a little Wimbledon, thought Heather was going to go further at one point, what a match. Not moaning about this heat, much, but less humidity would be lovely.