75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

To Helen!! Klink,Klink! I can see the twinkle s from across the big pond! FF

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Even though it's late, I think many of you will still be here thinking about our lovely Helen so I join you all in raising a glass and lighting a candle in her memory💕

Joining in to raise a big glass to a very special lady Helen. A candle lit in her memory 🌠🌈️ Xx
JulieD
Community Champion

Joining you lovely ladies to raise a glass to Helen. We've lighted candles in Chat tonight but think it's a good idea to have some candles burning here tonight too. Maybe we should have a Frozen sing-along for her in the cafe in a couple of weeks time.  Think of Helens stories and smile ladies and look for that bright shining star.

Belinda I don't think you need worry about your comment, we are all women of the world here, wink wink.

Big hugs all round xx

Squeezing in amongst you wonderful ladies to raise a glass to Helen x Sitting quietly, watching the candles flicker in the moonlight x

Joining in too - how lovely. To our beautiful friend. Much love always xxx

Joining you ladies in raising a glass to Helen... Xxxxx

Ladies I thought I might find you here, raising my glass to Helen and sitting here in the glow of these twinkling candles. X

Raising a glass to Helen too 🍷🐱🐱x

Just heard the sad news. Going you in raising a glass. I know the C word is banned and I will keep Helen's rule but I think we should find a quiet space in the cafe to light a candle xxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Just joined you Janette, 🍷raising a glass in memory of our lovely Helen. Gone but never forgotten 💖
Nicky x

Just want to raise a glass to the wonderful Helen  (Catlady) 😿

Heres to Helen forever in our thoughts 

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

Oh my goodness, sorry, I think my reply re entertainment might have found me on the naughty step, so I've edited it out but just to say your post made me smile FF. 😀 x

Wow, Everyone must have stuck their heads in the sand or off in a corner being entertained by their favorite hunk! 

Oh Belinda I am so ashamed of Matthew I didn't like him doing that so I got RC to sort him out and you will never guess he then went off with Nicky is she collecting all the men and why ??? I know Marie wanted her to step in for her but is she getting over enthusiastic. Love the new aprons Chocs you are clever. Well off to the willow tree now so tired been busy all day had a burst of energy and cleaned as much as I could .xxx

Quite a picture I have of sagging swim trunks.  They are all quite colorful . Marirose be glad to chat any time! 

Oh is that wise Chocs? Russell is hardly the shy retiring type and he will be wearing a skirt? I'm knitting these undergarments as fast as I can but Nicky keeps hiding my wool! No falling in the lake though as good old Shetland wool, sags and stretches when wet. Baileys please, large one.
FF do look after Ben and James, Marirose, do stop Matthew lobbing those scones at the ducks. X

Ladies, ladies, I'm amazed at what is going on in here. Now please behave everyone but I've invited Russell Crowe in to help me around the cafe as I'm so tired. I thought it was safe this next week as marie is away. I've instructed him to wear his gladiator outfit to show his standing - btw nothing on underneath the skirt so make sure you sit above him at all times and don't ask him to pick anything up. Belinda can you knit something and quick please just in case Nicky decides to get up to no good whilst marie is away. I love the boats - RC is getting all excited about rowing competitions and then gladiator style fights at the end to decide the champion. So please ignore the arena going up behind the cafe - BG is even helping RC - I'm going to give BG some of my sleeping tablets - the man never stops.
I'm currently designing the new aprons for the men, should be ready by the end of the weekend. I've missed the cafe - it's lovely to be back. Come and join me for a baileys under the willow later - would be lovely to have a natter xxxx

Sorry I mean FF not LD I think my mind is slowly leaving me. xx

Hi everyone Marie have a great time in Venice but if you are going in disguise be careful the airport police don't arrested you for looking shifty. Have fun xx

Belinda and Nicky please stop causing friction between those two gorgeous boys I've asked Sir Ben Ainslie to row for me but he has commitments elswhere so Mathew Pinsent has agreed to step in for him. Oh Belinda it made me laugh about LD I had read before about her living in USA but forgot never mind I know who to talk to when I can't sleep.

Now a nice strawberry cream scone to relax with while I watch the hubbies practice rowing.xx

I will take both in my boat. Bel get busy on those swim trunks though or my face would be quite red and I would be giggling the whole time. They would think I had gone mad.

Have a wonderful time Marie. Not keeping the false nose and moustache on all holiday I hope. 🙂 x
Nicky a wild weekend hmm! Is the chafing story an urban myth ladies? I mean the Pacific in a rowing boat, chafing or sun burn? X
nicky08
Community Champion

Have a fantastic time Marie and I promise I will behave myself 😉
Nicky x

This is now getting spooky, I'm off to Venice this weekend. Not heard from the neurosurgeon so unless he is hiding at the airport I'm off. However I have decided to go in disguise, dark glasses , false nose and a moustache. If you see a strange lady in duty free, it is I Marie, please say hello. Now ladies please behave while I'm away . I am particularly worried about Nicky she is getting far too cheeky. Ladies please keep safe , good luck with treatments and scans. Love and hugs Marie xxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Nice photo Belinda 📷 amazing that you found it, and so quick 😉 Btw you are wrong about where it was taken. It was outside my front door just before they decided to fight each other for the pleasure of rowing for us, or should I say, me? Lovely looking boys and I don't think we should get too worried about the view if they decide to row in a non-chafing style.
However there is room on the lake for them, a gondola or two and maybe a dragon boat race? A wet and wild weekend ahead then.
Nicky x

Hi Marirose, FF is in the USA , we are truly an international Cafe. 🙂
With this in mind, in case you don't know James Cracknell or Ben Fogle FF here's a picture, James on left, sure it's taken of them hanging outside the Cafe, last week probably. 😉
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01570/crackenll-fogle_1570486c.jpg

This boating sounds great FF you seem to be awake in the early hours maybe we could fix you up with a romantic tenor like Bartolli but wear a life jacket apparently he's blind or maybe we could find you a boreing singer to send you off to sleep xxx 

Knitting some swimming trunks! X

Ha ha, how funny. I shall come and laze on the lake for a bit too. Perhaps we should have a Venetian theme for this as weekend? Xxx

EJ81, our posts crossed! Great minds and all that!! x

I could loan out Ben Fogle to FF, he is very fit.....she might have to put up with a labrador on her lap in the boat though.....I fancy a gondolier to punt me round the lake, as long as there's no singing " just one cornetto!!" I can lie back on feather cushions with a bottle of Prosecco watching the world drift by.....what is that racket? Oh it's BG trying to construct a replica of the Mary Rose, does he ever chill out ?! Anyone to join me on the lake? xxx

Be careful who you pick James Cracknell and Ben Fogel rowed naked when they crossed the Pacific (to prevent chafing apparently)! So you might want to consider the view before you decide 😜!! How about a Venetian gondola with a singing gondolier? Xxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Hey Yvonne/vonnie - that's what we're all here for, sharing our experiences, support, advice - you name it, we share it! Within reason of course, which no-one has told Marie 😳 I'm so glad you have let it all out 💦💦💦 and this must have been helpful, if upsetting, for both you and your husband. Now keep picking yourself up, enjoy what's around you and join in the other threads you may find useful such as the Capecitabine one in the Treatments section and any others you feel will help you. This one in particular is just plain mad and where we let off steam and our imagination 😊 I'm rushing, as you can see as I have to help FF get in her boat to drift around the lake, who do we think should be her oarsman? one of Helen's hubbies or someone with oar like skills? Possibly James Cracknell? But he may make her seasick/lakesick as he could be too quick.
Nicky xx

Do we have a boat in our lake. I just want to be spoiled with drinks and a good looking man rowing me around. He must be able to sing too!

Msg for Nicky 08
Hi Nicky, just a few lines to thank you for giving me a little of your time the other day.
I am now back to my usual confidant and hopeful self. I spend most of the other day crying, finally breaking down with my husband in the evening. Since then, I have picked myself up and brushed myself off and I'm ready to go again.
FYI I didn't get onto the trial as my calcium is too high and I am to start Cape tomorrow. Not looking forward to it much but I'm ready.
Thanks again for your much needed words of hope.
Yvonne x

Ok ready to pull my head out of the sand! I think I want to enjoy some time by the lake with a pina colada. 

nicky08
Community Champion

Ooh la la 😉 definitely had my knickers on, as I'd hoped you'd all noticed. Can't say the same about everyone else as I obviously had my head stuck in the sand. Lovely sunny day here, and in the cafe, so I'm making the most of it. I think my visit here will start with a cream tea as I join the others and then finish with a cocktail/sundowner 🍹You know what us sand girls say - bottoms up 😊
Nicky x

I'm glad you all still had your frilly French knickers on from the weekend - what a sight!! A cream tea for me this afternoon I think xxx

Ha, think that's why Helen said what happens in the cafe STAYS in the cafe. 🙂 Well, in real life! husband has just brought me home a squishy jam doughnut so head out of sand for a few minutes to munch, yum. X 🙂
JulieD
Community Champion

I think my partner thought I'd lost the plot yesterday with my silly grin and daft giggle but how do you explain the Cyber Cafe let alone what goes on here?!!! Didn't even try, just continued to enjoy my own little world.

Been doing 'paper work' most of the morning so have come in for one of those huge cream cakes - mmm, yum.

Don't forget, those of you free tonight, it's Live Chat for SBC tonight between 8.30 &9.30, you do have to register for Chat though but can use the same details as your main account.

FF Belinda Marie and Nicky thankyou for the laugh yesterday Julie and I really enjoyed it.Smiley LOL I found myself chuckling all day. Helen you would have been proud of them.

Well just had a nice lunch followed by the biggest cream bun you have seen thankyou Hubbies. Love to all xxx

I was laughing all day picturing us with bottoms up!

JulieD
Community Champion

Yes, I have a wonderful picture in my head of all these bottoms with different attire sticking up in the air, quite an image I can tell you!

Going to compare notes with Marirose by the lake where we can have giggle.

FF the picture you have put in my head has given me a good laugh hope you all wear long pants. I'm not going to say anything else but will have a nice cool drink by the lake xx

We are going to be a cute flock all in a row with heads buried!

nicky08
Community Champion

Yes, its often where you will find me as well!

Marie, I'm sure once you get started on Cape (if I remember correctly about your new treament) I'm sure you will still get to go on your holiday. I had several European breaks whilst on Capecitabine and luckily tolerated it very well.

Hope we all enjoyed the French weekend, c'est la vie.

Nicky x

Please leave a space in the sand for me to bury my head. Just willing no one is going to Stop my holiday. How can all this be bubbling inside me when I feel so well ? Marie

Morning all, FF sometimes head in the sand is the best place to be isn't it? Often there myself. X

Just wanted to pop in and sit quietly by the lake sipping a nice sangria. So much has been going on I need to stick my head in the sand for a bit! Can someone pull me out in a few days? 

Oh ladies, wasn't the firework display wonderful , Vive le France. What a week, may I suggest coffee and croissants by the lake and a group hug. Good luck everyone for the coming week. Love Marie xxx