72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

nicky08
Community Champion

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Oooo, yes please Julie, count me in for a BBQ this weekend. I'm sure the hubbies will build something spectacular although we may have to keep an eye on BG as you know how much he loves to show off his skillis!

Sorry I've been absent for a while, we've been moving house so that has occupied all my time with very little time to even post on here, even though I read everyday. Hope to be back a bit more often now as all that rushing around has finished.

Just having a lovely laze by the lake in the glorious sun rather than think of the reality which is me sitting in the chemo ward having my Pertuzamab and Herceptin!

Nicky x

JulieD
Community Champion

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Maybe people are away on holiday or having nice trips out, I hope so, it's been pretty quiet here.

Marirose hope your run and swim have helped you, enjoy a relaxing snooze by the willow and hopefully things will not feel so bad.

FF the wedding is getting closer every day, bet you are excited now, hoe your knee and pain don't cause any problems on the big day.

The sun is out here in Brighton and it looks like it might be a good weekend, at the ery least the washing can go on the line. Might even be time for a BBQ. Actually that's a bit too much hassle maybe I'll have a word with the husbands and see if they can organize one for us all this weekend - anyone fancy it?

Hope to catch up with some of you later, going to take my book and a soda float and sit by the lake xx

Marirose

Hi everyone where are you all Marie I do hope you are ok Windy is looking very sad. FF be careful I know it may be hot where you are but Skinny Dipping even in the middle of the night here does attract peeping Toms. 

I need some peace from the C I have had bad news so I am going for a run around the lake then jump in the water to swim and then have a lovely lunch by the willow fall asleep and just reeeeeeeeeeelax.

Love to you all xxx

funnyface
Community Champion

Well just had a refreshing swim in the lake. It is wonderful to come here to this magic lake. The temperature is always what you want it to be. Stinking hot in my area of the USA. Humidity us a killer. Glad I can come here for relief. FF

yil

Hi JulieD

Thanks he is just that made me smile.

Yil

EJ81

All sounds great. Off to dig out a mini skirt and put some big false eyelashes on. See you later xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Gosh Nicky that's brave and a bit scarey! Hope you find somewhere you like relaively quickly, although we love our parent dearly it's very different being back in the parental home.

Loving the idea of Blind Date, should be a lot of fun. Better go and try to find my flares or shouldI wear my kaftan?

nicky08
Community Champion

Ooh, brunch, how lovely 🍳🍳 two eggs for me please 😊

The Cavern Club looks great, we're going to have a really good time and I think Bear had also built a Blind Date set so we can have a go at that as well and guess which of the hubbies we're best suited to depending on their answers to our incredibly clever questions 😉 All in all we'll have a lorra lorra laughs 😄😄 

Have a great day everyone see you later I hope

Nicky x

edited to reply to Julie - not moved yet, should be next week and just selling at the moment, not found anything we want to buy immediately so off to be a boomerang kid and staying with parents for a few weeks, what fun that will be, arghhhhhhh!

JulieD
Community Champion

Marirose that was such a good idea, I've really enjoyed our splashing around! Built up quite an appetite now though so think I'll have to have an all day breakfast, eggs sunny side up and lovely salty bacon and maybe a hashbrown or even a piece of fried bread!! Can I tempt anyone to join me?

Nicky you must have been busy with your move, have you moved far? I hope the weekend letting your hair down here will give you enough fresh energy for sorting things next week.

Yil, Atika is lovely, such a friendly dog, he did make me laugh chasing the squirrels and trying to climb the trees. I hope you managed to get some sleep in the real world.

Looking forward to our tribute to Cilla weekend and hope to see lots of you  xx

Marirose

Just popped in to have a look at what Bear has been up to this time he has built a fantastic stage it looks like the cavern Sir Paul will be dropping in as a tribute to our Cilla at least the weather is going to be great here and hubbies are busy getting the food ready. Going for a lovely evening swim. Love to all xx 

nicky08
Community Champion

Sorry I have been absent from the cyber cafe for so long but the real world of house moving (yes, I know I'm mad 😬, why have more stress than I already have?) means I'm spending more time on a certain online selling website than I am on here. However a short break before everything starts again gives me the chance to have a quick visit.

i think the sixties weekend will be a great tribute to our lovely Cilla 🎶🎤💃 so I hope we all Step Inside ☺️ As my Dad is from The 'pool I have grown up sort of knowing her and the Beatles and all they did, especially as my uncle went to school with George (Harrison) and it was so sad to see her untimely death. She will get such a huge send off in the city. A big 60's sing along at the weekend will be great.

hope everyone is enjoying the gorgeous sun around the lake, isn't the weather perfect, sun, a slight breeze with the hubbies bringing round a range of cocktails for us all to sample mid morning ☀️🍹🍸- just like home - not.

Nicky x

Marirose

Hi FF it seems the holiday fever is upon us all just got back from a holiday on the East Coast with my 2 son's and their families it's been great seeing them all together especially as 1 son lives in France and we haven't seen them since Christmas. We have 6 grandchildren 3 from each and both had boy girl boy around the same ages so they have played together nicely. The glitter has lasted a long time and there is a new bright star in the sky xx

Hi Marie I see the quads are back how very good of Chocolates to take them to Butlins especially as she has a holiday away from other peoples kids. I think the Cavern Club is a great idea my mind is starting to whirl thinking about it I'm not sure whether to wear the hot pants or mini skirt xx

Hi to everyone else love you all join me for brunch with Julie xx

yil

Hi everyone,

I've just come in quitely as everyone has gone to sleep in my house,  we all had a very bad 4 weeks with my husbands chemo. but we got him home for a few days before next session,  so its bliss knowing they all gone to sleep but I got so use to not sleeping that I thought I just come in and enjoy a nice relaxing night by thelake with my good friend the family dog Akita.

Take careYil

Marie123

Hello Ladies,

I know we have all be feeling a little down lately  . However I was thinking that maybe next weekend we could have a 60s theme. The Cavern club could open for one weekend at our cyber cafe. It would be a nice tribute to Our Cilla, we could also  have a Beatles tribute band etc etc. This has nothing to do with my new mini , mini skirt.

For now I am going to take my coffee down to the lake and enjoy the sunshine. Had a postcard from chocolates and the quads at Butlins. Think they have played her up a bit, oh bless them.

Love and hugs to all

Marie xxx.

EJ81

Had to re register and only just got round to it. What a beautiful afternoon. Just enjoying an ice cream on the beach xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

I think we tired ourselves out partying! Also the glitches getting onto site didn't help but hopefully we are all now back to normal.

I'm about to have a full English breakfast or should I say brunch at this time of day?! Think I'll take it over to the lake so I can sit and daydream. Come and join me if you fancy

funnyface
Community Champion

It's quite lonely out here by the lake! Did you all find a secret fort or cave to hide out in? 

funnyface
Community Champion

What a beautiful morning. I see the lake is still glimmering with glitter. Quite proud of my work! I wonder where else I could add some sparkle? Letting it up to your imaginations ladies. Glad there is no naughty step here.

Marie123

Good Morning ladies,

Thank you Julie for keeping an eye on Chocolates. She has apologised and  is taking the quads to Butlins to make it up to me.

I am going to take my coffee down by the lake and enjoy the early morning peace.

Hugs to all

Marie xxx

LemonDrizzle

Been having problems accessing site all weekend so I've just re-reregistered!! I
Although I couldn't post anything, I was there on Saturday night with you all making sure we gave Helen a fab send off. Now relaxing by the lake with a glass of Prosecco and so sorry to have missed you all x
Chocolates

Julie, thank you for coming over.  Marie was being very difficult, but it's all good now mainly because marie was side tracked by Russell in his skirt and off she went - just like that.  So all set for round two ladies?  xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Just popping over to join Chocolates and Marie to make sure they are talking 'nicely'!

Great night last night girls, so enjoyed the singing and watching the fun on the ice. Think I'll have to have an early night tonight though!

Marie123

Chocolates will you please join me by the lake. I am shocked ! We will discuss last night over a cream tea. Now put Ross down and get over here. Marie
Chocolates

Oh boy - what a night - spent it all - yes all!!! - with Mr p? Have spent all morning avoiding marie. Goodness only knows what she got up to. Loved the glitter - was lovely FF. pleased to see the husbands have tidied up - now under the willow tree with a lovely hot chocolate, with some baileys, chillin. Might go out on the lake later but gearing up again for tonight. I love the no hangovers and also what goes on in the cafe stays in the cafe!!!!

right off for a doze - wake me up later please xxx

Marirose

What a lovely night I haven't sung so much and thank goodness we feel no pain because my derri aire would now be very sore and black and blue yes Helen would be very proud of us all she will always be with usHeartHeart so it was FF who sprinkled all that glitter I didn't remember seeing it last night before I fell asleep will be back tonight xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

What a magical night we all had, the snow, the skating, the vin chaud, the sparkling lights ❄️🌌🍷and of course all of our lovely voices singing our hearts out to Helen's favourite song 💓🎤

I hope we did you proud Helen 💖

I see that the hubbies have already had a good tidy up this morning so I will just sit quietly by the lake with a cup of tea and think of our lovely lady.

By the way, are we doing it all again tonight?

Nicky x

ps if anyone has seen the front page of the new forum, lovely though she is, the Nicky on there is not me!

funnyface
Community Champion

I'm enjoying skating here because there is no pain in our special world! I'm sprinkling glitter everywhere as I go!

belinda

Everything looks so sparkly, really rather magical. 🙂 x

Chocolates

Janette, I'll have a glass too - it looks so magical. I've got my sparkly leg warmers on so lovely and warm. Are you sure it was marie spinning round. How does that woman do it - not a lock out of place. 

I really fancy a mini dancing on ice special - all those sequins, and handsome waiters to twirl us round. No judges, just rounds of applause -  how did they get those lights in the lake - it just looks amazing. Right I'm off to get my skating boots - I'll go with Mr p first - someone distract marie please. xx

rosie53

Of course the more the merrier......remember no hangovers on here 😉👍xxxx

Janette xxxxxxx 

Marirose

Mind if I join you Janette cheers to our founder Helen. Found out who was on the ice it was Marie Welcome back Marie hope you enjoyed your holiday.

rosie53

Hi ladies, just opened a bottle of white and raised a glass to our wonderful Helen!!!

Hugs Janette xxxxxxx 

EJ81

Oh out loioks beautiful here with the snoow and the frozen lake, the lanterns will show up beautifully as it gets dark too. I'm glad we've got the screen to help us sing along. Just popping in for some hot spiced cider to help keep out the cold xxx
Marirose

Oh what a lovely scene with the snow and ice and thankyou julie I am glad there will be help for us who haven't seen Frozen. I will have a lovely hot chocolate to warm me up the hubbies are really making a good job with food and drink. Who is showing off on the lake they are spinning so fast I cannot see who it is. I will catch up with them later.

Marie123

Hello everyone, phew bit of a rush to get into my frozen costume. It all looks so pretty. Now ladies remember to all join in with the finale song , 'Let it go' and remember to sing in a loud voice' And the fears that once controlled me can't get to me at all. Sorry just off to get my cardie it's a bit chilly with all this ice. Hugs Marie
JulieD
Community Champion

I haven't actually watched Frozen so for those of you who like me don't know all the words there will be a big screen with the songs for us to follow. 

The Cafe is looking even more magical with all the sparkling ice and snow. Watch out how much you drink if you're planning to skate on the lake!

See you a bit later girls, going for a little snack now xx

Marirose

Goodness knows what I've done wrong I thought I had lost first post SORRY

Marirose

Oh it is so nice here I missed the candle lit night but I was very much here even though I couldn't post you all gave Helen a lovely tribute loved the holding of hands it was all so beautiful. So pleased we are having a Frozen party I haven't seen frozen even though I bought 2 dolls for the grandaughter Grandad has seen it so he will have to help me out. Looking forward to the singing has Chocs got a nice voice the icerink sounds great will we be able to skate without falling maybe Christopher can teach us to do the pirouette.

Hi everyone it's great to be back I missed the candle lit night and holding of hands but I was still here even though I couldn't post what a fantastic tribute to Helen she would have been so proud.

Chocolates I hope you have a good singing voice I am looking forward to your songs but will be ready to wear the earmuffs if it is bad.

The icerink sounds great Christopher said he will come to teach us how to do the pirouette. I've never watched Frozen but I know I will catch up on it I have bought 2 dolls and various bits for the grandaughter.

Welcome back Marie hope you enjoyed your holiday will we see you up to your mischievous self again Windy has really missed you. xxx

Stillhere

Can we all sing in tune at cyber cafe?? Lets hope so or it'll be a "heads in the sand" night!! And we do want to see the twinkly stars and snow. I don't know Frozen so guessing.....maybe cyber ice-skating??

LemonDrizzle

Looking forward to the ice sculpture - I'm imagining all kinds of designs!!!!! I'll bring ear muffs for you all if I'm going to be singing as alcohol won't even start to numb the pain! x

Chocolates

LD -just coming to sit with you for an early morning natter.  I like the fact that in the cafe I can enjoy coffee - it's delicious!  Why doesn't it taste like that in the real world?  I hope Belinda has knitted us some woollies as I've dispatched with the snow machine as we are getting real snow from tonight.  Everything will be sparkling and the lake is going to freeze over.  

Just watching as BG is setting up the karaoke machine and the lights are being put up around the cafe.  An enormous chunk of ice has arrived as well and BG assures me that he's going to make an ice sculpture out of it.  

Can twait for the party to start now with our very special lady looking down on us.  Right I'm off to warm up my singing voice ready for some special songs tonight for you all.  It might be appropriate to have a few extra drinks before I start my act so you appreciate me more xxx

rosie53

Morning ladies, just woke up under a lovely tree by the lake, could lay here all day just in my own little dream world, the one where the "C word" doesn't excist and we are all happy and healthy and pain free.

I see all Helens men are on their best behaviour,  Looking forward to the Frozen night at the weekend 👍

Take care lovely ladies 

Janette xxxx 

LemonDrizzle

Good morning everyone. It's so peaceful here sat by the lake watching the sun rise and listening to the gentle lapping of the water. There was an even shinier star earlier which made me smile as I watched it and made me feel nice and warm despite the early morning chill. Looks like the weather's getting ready to join in our Frozen celebration too.
LD x
funnyface
Community Champion

I'm glad there are no hangovers or calories here. I definitely need no consequences for my actions somewhere. I rather like the idea of going wild! Bring on the sweets and beverages! FF

nicky08
Community Champion

Morning ladies, as chocs says, thank goodness for the no hangovers in the cafe rule, haven't we been celebrating Helens life in a big way but she was of course such a big part of our group so it's only right. 🌠

well I don't know about you but I do think there will be fireworks when Marie gets back, and not the gunpowder type 🎆😉

as to be I've just been hanging around with Crackers and Fogie, such nice boys and honestly we're just good friends whatever you may see or read in Hello!

Nicky x

belinda

I will knit some Olaf tabards with matching snowflake leg warmers, mittens and hats.
I thought of Helen today, her colouring books and gel pens, as I was in my little summer house with my colouring pencils. The stars will be looking extra sparkly. X

Chocolates

lovely and quiet here under the willow tree.  Thank goodness we don't get hangovers, but loving the champagne.  Just pondering a few things and keeping an eye on the husbands.  In all fairness they are behaving, even BG is quiet.  In fact I saw him earlier sleeping!!!  

Im thinking its a frozen party this weekend.  I'll make some new aprons and Belinda I'm sure will knit some nice warm tops for us all so we don't get too cold.  The snow machine will arrive on Friday night, as well as the karaoke machine which DC feels he should be in charge of!!  Mr H has promised to cook us a feast and GC is doing drinks.  Mr P as ever is being very elusive, I don't know what is going on with him and Nicky but marie is back Friday night - no fireworks - it will melt the snow!!

Stillhere

Feel very teary after reading the very sad news about Helen. Everyone else has written so eloquently that I can't add much more. Except to say what an incredibly kind, funny, brave, inspirational, lovely lady she was, her light shone out to all of us on the forum...and I never met her.

Special hugs to her family, they can be proud of her.

May I join you in opening a bottle of best champagne and drinking a toast to her down by the lake? Fly high, Helen xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Welcome Lorna 😊

im glad you have been able to read through our wonderfully silly Cyber cafe thread, set up, of course by our sadly missed Helen 😿😿. It was wonderful to share this space with everyone last night and hold each other's hands - whilst trying not to spill our drinks 😉🍷🍸🍹

a Frozen tribute to Helen night or weekend is definitely on the cards.

take care lovely ladies.

nicky xx

ps What on earth has happened to the Forum again? Why is my typing appearing so slow, no real corrective text and no capitals at the start of each sentence? Just like PM-ing used to be. Please let this not continue!

familytree

I am quite new to this site and have read from the first page of this thread after seeing the comments left for Helen tonight.

How beautiful it is!  what an enchanting place she created and what wonderful posts you have all made over the weeks. May I join you by the lake and raise a glass of the finest champagne to your dear, creative and funny friend... you have left a legacy I think will go on for all of us to enjoy! 

Always love 

Lorna xxxxx