75.1K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Dear  Marirose, please remember Ross and I won Parents of the Year award .  Darcy still has his eye infection , so please look after him for me as I am going away for a few days. By the way, Chocs loves the quads., she just likes to make out she doesn't .

Now ladies , I expect you all to get down to work and decorate the cafe, while I'm away , please be good .

Love Marie xxxx

Re: The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Hi I'm here for that drink Marie remember I have very very long claws. What have you done to poor choc's after she gave up her holiday to look after and care for your children it's not her fault you have not brought them up properly and Ross shame on you where is the fatherly figure.

Darcy is giving me the eye must be my gorgeous outfit I think he fancy's me but he doesn't know I can be quite a tease xxx

Well hello , my cyber friends, so pleased Marirose , you are coming as a cat, every witch needs a black cat . I will be able to keep an eye on you. Oh Chocolates tut , tut , did you not know that a halloween moon increases my  powers of seduction  . Be afraid , be very afraid of Marie the witch you have been warned.

But enough of Saturday's fun , Marirose would you like to join me with a  glass of a cheeky red while we check the bunting  xxx M

Help - I've just escaped from the wicked witch.  She wrapped me up and tucked me away after the butlins  fiasco.  Thank goodness for DC, he took me away and slowly I began to relax again.  Really relax!!!  

Now ive just seen its fancy dress this weekend.  I'm planning my costume now - but don't tell the witch - I need to surprise her and want to confront her face to face.  Then mr Ross will surely see what she is really like.  Can't wait.

in the meantime I'm going to join Julie for a nice quiet cuppa and sticky bun.  I'm under the willow tree in disguise plotting my revenge.  

Xxx

Sorry forgot to say welcome back Nicky glad you are now with us.

Marie I will be happy to meet you by the punch bowl on Saturday I do hope the hubbies make plenty for us all because I think it will be very popular I know Julie will be right there with us.

Love you all xx

I can have my young body back here so watch it Marie I was going to come as a witch but now you have changed my mind. I am coming in a shiny black cat suit with a long tail so move over cat women I can even wear high stiletto pointed shoes. Looks as though its going to be a good week with all the preparations. Oh I have invited a scary group to join us on Saturday they look like the walking dead ' The Rolling Stones' 

Best of luck choosing your outfits remember anything goes here.

Love to all xx

Good Morning Ladies, phew just got back from the dressmakers. My witch costume is lovely , just needed to be shortened a bit more I'm coming more a Samantha  witch from 'Bewitched ' (I loved that show ) So no green face paint for me. My dress is short , but dancing around the bonfire in my little  black pointy ankle boots should keep me warm .

Now Marirose , I feel you are getting far too cheeky , please meet me by the Halloween punch on Saturday so we can discuss your behaviour !!!!

Julie ,  I would love to join you for a coffee and sticky bun by the lake , so we can check on Saturday's preparations.

Love to all Marie the Witch xxxxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Morning ladies 😊 and doesn't the garden and around the lake look suitably autumnal now 🍂🍁 All nice and misty in the early morning sun. A quick cuppa for me before I start the day with the usual Monday chores to do.

A Halloween theme would be great next weekend 🎃👻 and I suppose we all know in our hearts who will win the fancy dress, that's as long as she remember to cover up with a costume - enough said!

A long absence from me as I've been without internet for so long but hope to be dropping in more often.

Niw, where are the brooms, we must get the men back on cleaning up duty. I see they have their aprons on and it's so nice to see DC back in the fold after all the extra attention he's been getting in the press and on TV this week. Goodness knows what he will be like tomorrow after the film is released! 

take care all

Nicky x

JulieD
Community Champion

oh yes Marirose it was a real laugh and a good tonic, I think a draw was the fairest outcome, they both tried so hard and provided such entertainment Woman Wink

Halloween should be fun, but the mind boggles at what Marie's costume might be! The soup sounds nice and hopefully we can have toffeee apples and toasted marshmallows too.

Right off to get a hot chocolate and then must start to think about going to bed, got a busy week. Hope everyone has a good week and hope to catch up with some of you over a cake during the week xx

Hi all

Julie didn't we have a laugh watching Darcy and Ross I think it was right to call it a draw.

Hello Yil I hope you can find a little release hear it's nice to get away from the stress of our daily lifes.

Marie I am sure Darcy is winking at us he always has a grin when he does it.

How about a Halloween night the hubbies are busy carving pumpkins out and they are going to make pumpkin and thyme soup mmmm! lovely I am going to look for my costume.

See you all soon x

JulieD
Community Champion

Yil,

Good to see you. Hopefully life will start to get easier. Do pop in to have a natter and a cuppa and if you want to join in but haven't got the energy you can always sit with me by the lake and watch all the 'activity'!

I like this one wish I could join in.

Yil

Hi everyone,

I know I have not been here for a while but now that my husband is back home since been discharged from hospital as inpaitent for his cancer I thought why not come to the cafe and let some steam off.

As I only finished my chemo treatment last year.  I don't feel 100% my husband got cancer but thank god he came home Friday night finishing his 3rd and last big cycle he has still someway to go yet.  So at the moment he sleeps Iam up I go to sleep he gets up ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. BUT we are here to tell the story.

I thought its nice to scape and have a chat here with you lot and enjoy a nice hot drink before bed time.  Early appt. at the hospital again tomorrow.

Take care all

Yil

Reserve a seat for me Julie looking forward to this Marie you have an answer for everything x

JulieD
Community Champion

I've told Ross and Darcey duels are not allowed in cyber cafe world BUT I thought that a couple of challenges might be acceptable so they will do a topless run up the hill and back, up and down the winmill stairs and then a swim accross the lake (attire up to them). I thought it might be fun to watch! Grab your seats now girls!!

Oh Marirose, how could you. I thought my disguise was so good.  Now Ross will find out oh my goodness this is getting so complicated .,Oh  no Windy is coming over . I'm getting so comfused. M xxx

Hiya to everyone

Not been here for a while Hubbies are quite upset and poor Windy is very withdrawn he is staying in the windmill that Bear built for him. I popped in last night and the moon was shining here and you will never guess what I saw Mr Darcy yes Mr Darcy was singing ON MOON LIGHT BAY as he rowed on the lake with someone (not you Marie) so come on own up who ever it was it was so romantic to be serenaded by such a gent.

Love to all x

Well Marirose, lets get things straight, Mr Darcy only has eyes for me, he has had an eye infection so  that could have been the winking you saw.

Now the quads. They are happily back in boarding school. Cannot go into all the details as Ross and I had an injunction to keep it out of the press, but the fire damage  was quite bad, the staff have been offered counselling and my quads have been banned from all Butlin camps in the UK. I know my quads are such good children , not sure how this all happened , will be having words with Chocs when I see her.  Marie xxx

Oh No!

what are you up to now Marie Mr. Darcy has been winking at all the ladies are you sure he is sincere with you. We certainly don't want any more off springs where are the quads we have not heard anything from Chocolates since she took them to Butlins.

Well 2 minuets by the lake with a nice drink then I'm off to look for Julie xx

JulieD
Community Champion

Well Marie I'm lost for words - well actually I'm not! There is something about you these dashing gents can't resist. Do try to share a bit with those that want a little of the action.

Hope everyone enjoyed the evening though prticularly the bit when Darcy emerged from the lake.

I think we should have a quiet weekend this week and then plan the next 'entertainment'

Oh my goodness , how strange the way things turn out. In my Mrs B costume , I tried to find suitable husbands for all as Mrs B would have. However there has been an update on the story , hope JA won't mind. Mrs B has taken a toy boy, Mr Darcy is not interested in Elizabeth and has asked to run away with me. Oh no here we go again , what can I say . Must dash Mr Darcy is calling me. M xxx

Well it may be 20 years on but he still makes a dashing Mr Darcy. Don't think he was expecting the lake to be so big (thank you Bear!) but he made it across in the end! Marie you make a fantastic Mrs Bennett. Tea and dancing at the ball now where you can try and marry us all off. I think Poldark is feeling threatened - he and Darcy are glowering at each other. I think we have a brooding looks contest on our hands!

JulieD
Community Champion

Sounds like a plan! Hope it's relatively warm tomorrow though I'm sure there will be plenty of heat under the corsetts!! I think I'll just watch rather than dress up, have reserved the big soft lounger under the tree by the lake.

Ha ha, same here! I quite like rugby but I don't need to watch it 3 times a day! Will have a word with Mr D and see if he wants to invite that lovely Mr Bingley, have a feeling Mr Wickham might put in an appearance too. I shan't know who to heave my bosom at first!!!

I have become a rugby a widow, so I will play ' Pride and Prejudice if I can be Mrs Bennet. I feel I was born for this role. Off to sort out my costume. Hugs to all  M xxx

I have just been reading that it is 20 years since the BBC adaptation of pride and prejudice. I have had a word with Colin Firth and he has offered to come and reenact the lake scene for us in our very own lake here at the cafe! I told him he was a bit late for today as I'm not getting my corsets on at this time of night, even for Mr Darcy himself, so perhaps tomorrow? I've mentioned it to Bear and he's gone to find a horse for Mr D to arrive on to help set the scene xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

I should have popped in sooner, those cakes were lovely but the really big ones had been eaten (so I had two but don't tell anyone Smiley Wink)

It's been a funny old day with lots of heavy showers but sunshine inbetween, we had a lovely rainbow thismorning - no pot of gold though I'm afraid.

I think holiday season is coming to an end so we might see a few more of our friends back in the cafe, it'll be good to hear their tales.

Take care lovely ladies xx

Hi all

It is so nice today by the lake Bear is very busy cleaning up the willow tree it is getting quite big now. I am being thoroughly spoilt by the hubbies I have just had a lovely massage and now they are bringing hot chocolate with the most gorgeous buns oozing with cream. I will spend the next hour fast asleep arrr bliss

love to all xxx 

I did enjoy last night. Don't worry I'm fine the hubbiies  have  been looking after me .  Actually I've been thoroughly spoit. Ladies I know lots are having a bad time, we are are all altogether in this. Best wishes with scans and treatments. M xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

What a great night! Thank you for birthday wishes and yes the cake was magnificant I hope you all got a piece or two it was big enough!! The fireworks were terrific and I thought we all sang really well. Whoever it was I clouted with my unionjack flag I hope it didn't hurt I was a bit too over excited with waving it around!! Marie hope it was only your pride that was hurt when the horse collapsed.

Did you enjoy your birthday Julie wasn't the cake yummy and the fireworks really finnished off the fantastic night. I did laugh when the hubbies make believe horse came apart and poor Marie went flying. The food was fantastic as usual along with the drinks.

Well back to reality have a nice day xx

nicky08
Community Champion

Happy birthday. Julie, hope you've had a lovely day and you enjoy our (or the real) proms tonight 🎂🎉🎈🎈🎼🎶🎻 What a lovely day it has been , lots of sunshine and a nice breeze. Make sure everyone brings a blanket though for tonight as it's bound to get chilly, and we don't want anyone catching cold do we Marie? Hugging a hubby does not count as keeping warm btw and, as ever, clothing is optional Marie.

Love to all, wave those flags and sing at the tops of our voices.

Nicky x

Hi all just nipped in for a quick look everything is looking great looking forward to singing Land of Hope and Glory from Pomp and Circumstance I think I will dress up as Britannia. As far as Marie getting dressed up as Lady Godiva it's more like dressing down she doesn't need clothes only a horse maybe 2 of the hubbies could dress up in a horse costume. Think this is going to be a good night better than BBC

See you all later x 

JulieD
Community Champion

Glad to see you back on form Marie and looking forward to seeing your - uh hum- 'costume'! I will bring a hot drink for you and I'm sure Chocs will find a nice warm vest for you.

I think the bunting looks great and I've just noticed some new solar lights down by the lake. I think we'll have fun, get your vocal chords ready girls!

Marie we shan't know where to look! Trust you to bring some much needed silliness back to the café. The union jack flags and bunting look great and the champaign is already chilling. Looking forward to it xxx

Hello ladies, so sorry so many are are having a really rotten time. I think our party on Saturday is just what we all need. I'm afraid I cannot behave myself any longer. I have decided that my costume for Saturday should be ........... Lady Godiva  , riding on a white stallion . I think it may get a bit chilly , so if Chocolates and Julie could please have a woolly vest and a hot drink ready for me afterwards. Please take care everyone , just off to  tell the hubbies anout my costume, well actually my lack of costume. Hugs Marie xxxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Sorry I have been absent from the Cafe for a while and it's good that we have been reminded to use it more often 😊 It was a lovely place set up by our Helen 😻😻 and I hope we keep using it for our own sanity and in her memory.

Last night at the Proms, eh? Great idea. I can see the hubbies have been out with their bunting overnight and the place looks, shall we say, very patriotic 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 Aren't they just such willing men? Always up for another challenge and they do try their best, bless.

Well, it is all set to be a nice sunny day so they have also got out all of the deck chairs that they had thoughtfully stored for the winter but a little bit prematurely I think, after all we're all still hoping for an Indian Summer. All arranged down by the lake and they've reopened the lake bar so we don't have to go too far for our mid morning cocktails 🍹🍸

I hope that we can all join in with the frivolities.

Nicky x

JulieD
Community Champion

ooh a birthday cake AND fireworks!! UI will have a lovely birthday!

Started off fine here but got dull as we approached London but by the afternoon it was nice and sunny and the drive back home was very pleasant. Getting a bit nippy again thisevening though so popped in here for a nice warm rich hot chocolate - cheer!

Hi all 

Of cause you can have fireworks Julie it will be nice for the Last Night of The Proms and we will get one of the hubbies to make you a big birthday cake. 

Well I am going to the new garden to sit and have my mocha with the sun shining and the sweet smell of the flowers before I go back to the dull weather back home. xxx

Proms sounds wonderful.

I haven't forgotten anyone, just had a lovely busy summer and not been online as much. Plus I keep forgetting my new password!

Beautiful clear morning here in the croissant. The new garden looks lovely in the morning sun. Just popping in for coffee and croissants xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Ooh how lovely! i\t's my brthday Saturday and my sisters are coming for last night of the proms so that's two parties to go to. Will pop in and  out of the cafe on Saturday. Can we have a firework display too?

The hubbies must have been missing us I ot a very warm welcome when I arrived today, even Windy gave me a smile and a little hug!

I|t's  been a nice bright day here today, sun was quite hot but they say the evening will be chilly. The heating had come on the other morning when I got up!!

Going for a nice hot chocolate, join me if you want otherwise will catch up with you all o Saturday xxxx

So sorry Marirose, I have been busy organizing Saturday's "Last Noght of the Proms' event.There will be a huge screen so we can watch events. The hubbies are organizing BBQ . There will be champagne to toast the end of summer and remember all our friends. Not sure what I'm going to wear,Briitania or Boudica .

Now must get back to my lists for Saturday.

Marie xxx

Why have you all deserted the Cafe the hubbies are getting so upset and we have now gone to page 2. It's such a lovely place to forget 'C' for a while lets bring it back for catlady

Oh Marie it is so good to hear from you again and I love the sound of the new garden I love gardens and this one sounds great how did you talk Monty into designing such a wonderful garden I am pleased to join you. This place just gets better hope everyone comes to see it, it smells devine xxx

So sorry that I haven't posted for a while ,although I have been reading the posts. I am so sorry so man are having a horrible time. I feel guilty because I am relatively well just a bit down.

Last week I fell like Alice into a black hole, I think we  all go there sometimes. Anyway I have climbed out and walked around the back of our cafe. I have discovered a wonderful garden designed by Monty Don. It never needs weeding , there are no nasty wee beasties to destroy the plants only the good ones. The flowers are absolutely  beautiful and the perfume wow. So I have been sitting in the garden for a while.

Marirose , don't worry about Windy he always looks like that, there are many reasons why he is called windy!

I am going to meet him down by the lake for cheese and cider  later .All welcome.

Please know that I think of you  all and remember you in my prayers.

Take care hugs

Marie xxx

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi, I think a boat ride would be fab as I'm sure the hubbies would like to show off their rowing skills. However I think there could be fierce competion between Crackers, Fogie and Bear - what fun 😊

The BBQ was fantastic, so good, thank you Mr Hollywood for the fantastic breads etc and for Bear for doing the hunting for the meats - what on earth were we eating 🐖🐄🐏? 🐆🐪🐲🐗?

Ha ha what fun. Now it's sleep time, night night fellow campers 💤💤💤💤

Nicky x

It certainly is hot Julie and Nicky sausages are really nice and what about that salmon I've never had it done like that I feel stuffed food is really nice the hubbies have done well. Shall we all go for a swim or maybe we could have a lovely relaxing boat ride after all that food such bliss here music is great too come and join us you are missing a great night xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Wow isn't it hot! I loved that chicken, don't know what they'd marinated it in but it was yummy. Thank goodness they stocked the freezer with ice for the drinks!

Now I've had a bit of a break from the feast I think I'll grab an icecream and go sit undet the willow - everyone welcome! Smiley Very Happy

nicky08
Community Champion

Well, what a scorcher it's been today ☀️☀️☀️ Just right for our BBQ. And didn't the hubbies do us all proud with their outdoor kitchen, including the kitchen sink and swim up bar? Just enjoying the food and drink before having a lie down on a lilo to cool off. 🍗🍔🍹🍦

Hope you are all having as much fun as much as I am 😊

Nicky x

Hi Julie and Nicky BBQ sounds great hope you are settled in your new home Nicky although it takes time to really settle in. I have so much junk I think I could have a lorry sale rather than a car boot sale.Look forward to seeing you tomorrow bet hubbies will put on a great BBQ xx