The Cyber Cafe Welcome ALL mets ladies/men.Step in introduce yourself and meet your new friends

Welcome to our Cyber Cafe.
I’ve started this thread as I’m worried newly diagnosed ladies/men are not quite sure where to post or like many ladies have mets in several places and would be busy all day posting!

So I thought a separate place to chat would be helpful and we can all look out for each other.

We are a very friendly group( the mad lot from the bone mets thread) we have a wealth of experience , full of support and advice. But most of all we support each other through the good and bad times. We have many,many laughs together too.

I consider all the ladies friends and without their support would find this very difficult to cope with.

So please drop into our cyber cafe and make new friends.

We are having a knees up tonight. Marie is singing with Brian Ferry !xx
Monday is our bank holiday picnic. Belinda has been very busy decorating with bunking ,looks beautiful Belinda xx

So,please drop in for a cupper ,cake and a chat anytime.
A little bit about our virtual cafe. It is always sunny,we have a lovely garden to sit in too,a craft corner ( we are busy helping FF with her daughters wedding decoration)

All my hubbies work in cafe in aprons made by Chocolate (they do look dashing) we have Daniel Craige,Bear Grylls,Paul Hollywood ( cooking of course ),George Clooney and new hubby man off Murdock mysteries( note to self,remember new hubbies name)

Huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxx

Yoo hoo, welcome all, sits down with latte and Danish. Just seen Marie and Bryan…practising their “Tribute to Eurovision” repertoire. It’s umm different. :-/
X

This thread is brilliant can I join your cyber cafe I’ve been following your threads for months now and I think you are all great and have cheered me up no-end and takes of the serious edge of the dreaded C. Only trouble is my blood sugars are up from se of meds and all that sugar will not do me much good but the cream should be O.K blow it I will make the most of chocolate cream cakes and latte so so goooood xxx

<Empty imported post>

Oooh! Please can I join!!! Sounds like you’re all having a ball! Champagne afternoon tea for me, and if served by Ross Poldark all the better!!! ???
Love to you all xxxxx

Just popped into the cafe Mr H does bake exceedingly good cakes can see me putting all that weight I lost at the beginning of my treatment back on. So lovely and peaceful under the willow tree but I cannot find who won Monopoly was it RP or BF. By the way bunting is great would love a flag to say knickers to Cancer. Love to see you all again soon xxx

Hallo ladies! As soon as I heard that RP was giving massages I want to be first in the queue!! Fell off my horse 10 days ago in a jumping competition and squashed my chest badly so really need his TLC. Still have Eddie Redmayne at my side, he also wants Helen’s colouring sheets for a special exhibition at Tate Modern. I’ll be having a latte and carrot cake by Bears pond (as long as stops digging) and enjoying the sunshine xx

I can absolutely recommend massage from RP! ???. Am quite overcome! Am now relaxing under the tree with a large decaf Americano and slice of of coffee and walnut. Once my heart rate has returned to normal I’ll come and join the colouring party ?.
Love to all S xxxx

Hi Helen

Ace move!  I’m sliding in here and have just got a mocha & an exotic fruit salad to mooch over.

I’m dead pleased there’s a craft corner here cos that’s what is keeping me sane!  I knit and make historical style dolls - mostly cloth so far but have also carved one in wood.  I wasn’t too sure about doing dolls, until  showing them to my autistic goddaughter, we ended up playing with them all day and her rearranging the dollshouse (my DD’s) and her actually talking.  So, there we go.   I enjoy sewing too, and when I have the energy and ideas, like to paint, preferably not walls but people painting sounds great :wink:  Just send Ben Whishaw up please…

Also currently waiting for the rain to stop giving my washing a third rinse and let me take the dogs out.  After that, I rest!

Hugs to you all :slight_smile:

Carrot

Hi just popping in for cuppa with 2catlady. I’ve explained I can’t draw so any sketching is out of the question. I’ve brought a generous amount of clay so I’ll be doing a life size sculpture of DC - please ladies, NO touching until the clay is dry. Enjoy your creative day! X

Halloooo! Can I bounce in for the strawberries and champagne? Getting cyber-drunk is a new experience, no hangovers for anyone.
It’s a funny thing, when I was in hospital for my Mx at age 39, 2 days after my diagnosis, so shocked, I took my then 6 year old’s crayons and a colouring book and it was the best thing I did, just to be able to focus. So I’ll join the cyber colouring corner today after champers. Thinking of everyone xxx

Strawberries and champagne :heart: I thought I had missed out yesterday enjoyed watching Belinda play tennis with Roger and Marie and Rafa did they really let you both win? Bet they did it because you smooth talked them. Couldn’t take part nails in a right mess could do with a manicure enjoyed the lovely weather so cold here x

I’d like to spend today at the cybercafe if that’s ok with all of you lovely ladies.  I fancy floating around the lake on a nice little boat, eating strawberries, chocolate, and sipping champers.  (Ok maybe it’s a little early in the day for that).  I assume it’s warm and sunny there, unlike here?  and I’m guessing that somehow the sun won’t burn so I don’t have to worry about my fair skin which never tans … in fact I think it will tan nicely at the cybercafe ;).  this was such a nice idea, Helen, I feel well chilled, like the champers I’m going to have at lunch time, whilst I watch the tennis.  Haaaaaaah, just listen to that birdsong… :slight_smile:

SHP

Hi ladies…

Hope it’s ok if I come and join the cafe tonight… Spent a horrid day in a large building where every one dresses in white or blue!!

My boys are currently playing football with their mini league footy teams so I decided I needed to come and have a lovely glass of wine with you all… I might even get my anxiety colouring book out or my x-cross stitch… Tho with the wine they both might go about squiffy.,

If the wine is strong enough might even be able to imagine Mr Darcy walking out of the water pond at pemberley… Oh dear I’m showing my age now…

Now for that wine and that dream!!

Enjoy the evening everyone…,

C xxx

Hi everyone! Just joined this forum. I had breast cancer in 2006, oestrogen and progesterone positive, Her2 negative. I thought I had finished all my treatment for good at the end of last year but I became ill at Christmas and I got diagnosed with secondaries in my pleural wall and liver at the start of this year. At that point it was suspected that I had a couple of suspicious tiny spots in my ribs. After 3 cycles of FEC, my liver lesions have disappeared and the nodules and pleural thickening have almost gone. They can no longer see anything on my ribs. I have since struggled my way through two Docetaxol treatments and have got the third and last one on Friday before going back on hormonal tablets. Although I have good results from my treatment, I find it much more difficult to get info on secondary breast cancer than I did when I had primary breast cancer. I would really love to know how long you have been surviving with Mets and how long the various treatments you have been on have kept the cancer at bay. It’s hard living with so much uncertainty and it so important to have hope. I would love to hear your stories.

Sorry I missed the sleep out, did loads of camping as a child but might wait for the yurts to be fully furnished. I am swinging gently in a hammock listening to birdsong and the rippling water, sipping a cafe latte and a Danish pastry.
Wasn’t it sweet of Roger Federer to bow out of the French open just so he could keep us company, very gallant of him. He has 2 sets of twins so we must keep an eye on Marie!! We know she can have quads at the drop of a hat ( or tennis shorts!!) have a good day everyone xx

Now here am I struggling to the cafe with a bucket of fresh Jersey clotted cream for tea and scones to find I missed the talent contest!! Who was the winner? Did they manage to squeeze into the manhuggers? Who didn’t behave themselves despite writing “I love Marie” one thousand times? At least I had Roger Federer to keep me company in Jersey, he really knows how to place his ball! Looks good in speedos too…

Ooh champagne for me too please and some lovely juicy strawberries…oh and a nice cold block of Dairy Milk!!!
Hugs Janette x x

Wow ladies! A few days away and the cafe has become a riot! The cream was a present from Jersey, where I was last weekend, what were you thinking, Helen?! Roger has had to leave to warm up for Wimbledon, so can we have a list of all hubbies and possible hubbies for 'the Full Monty" just want to check there are enough aprons/men wearing them to go round. Mind you Marie is clearly not in the ‘habit’ of drinking champers, or her habit, come to that. I’ll just empty that last bottle and enjoy the sunset…

Hi everyone just enjoying a bowl of m&s triple choc cereal…can highly recommend it! ? Will be painting my nails and fake tanning later ready for going to the races on a girly day tomorrow. It’s lovely and warm today. The sun is shining! ?? Love to u all xx