The Haven in Wessex appeal

I got my copy of the latest Haven newsletter in the post yesterday.  I was astonished to see that they have already raised over £500K to get this project going.  Not sure where it is going to be based, but this is great news.  I have always wanted to go to The Haven, expecially after doing a Mindfulness trial facilitated by someone from The Haven in London.  Getting to London is too far, and to get there early in the day it is too expensive.

If any of you live in the Wessex region you might be interested in this.  Oh and evidently there is a Maggie’s Centre coming to Southampton some time.

Oh well the Moderators have taken out the link because it was about ‘fundraising’ whereas I was just trying to pass on information about a valuable facility which is opening outside of London or another megacity like Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Leeds and Newcastle etc, which seems to be the usual place for such things, and not for us country bumpkins.  The mention of the amount they had raised already was just that I was surprised I hadn’t noticed this before and not to imply that anyone should donate to another organisation helping those with breast cancer.  My aplogies.

I guess if anyone is interested they can track down the organisation and the information for themselves.

Sorry … just had another thought.

I had thought that Maggie’s Centres were only in Scotland.  I hadn’t realised they had come south. 

Not sure how I actually wandered on to their site, but it might be worth checking if there is somewhere nearer to you as there are a lot more than I realised.  I was quite taken aback as to how much they had spread and that one was coming near me.