The Icing on the cakes.

Hello Ladies,  I have been following many of the threads mostly in the recovering from treatment/surgery section, but am finally moving on. I used to look in most evenings, but less so now.  However, I just wanted to say that with the help of this site and the BCC team  and all the friends that I have chatted to on here,  I think that I have finally come to the end of my journey,  I was Dx in Oct2012, Mx in Nov2012. incredibly lucky not to need radio/chemo therapy. Reconstruction in Nov2013 and reduction etc to other side in march 2014.

But on Weds I had my tattoos put on,  yesterday evening I was able to take the dressings off. WOW  what a feeling.

I always said that I was going to get my cherries put on,  well  that is certainly how it feels the icing on the cakes.  All of a sudden i feel “me”  I feel ready for whatever, I feel complete again, albeit they are not perfect, but who sees that when I am dressed. I actually feel good about myself.  if you had asked me this even 3 months ago I would probably answered differently. 

So if it is of any help to any of the ladies still on the journey. it does come to an end, it takes time and is tough at times. I know we get fed up of people saying it, but keep smiling,  keep fighting. be kind to yourself. take it gently day or week at a time.    .  I am very grateful to my friends on here for being around when I was having a bad day. I will look in and hope I can support others.

I know that I have be very lucky, I have been given a second chance thanks to my fantastic team at RUH

I may be an OAP but back permiting I hope to join their charity walk next year.  Meanwhile I am goiung to enjoy myself with my husband and daughter and 4 lovely grandchildren.

Huggles   Jenny.

Dear Jenni

Really pleased for you.  As you say it has been a journey and great to know you’ve got a ‘bit of icing on your cakes’ and you are feeling good.  

Take Care.   Gilly x

Dear Jenny,

What a wonderful and uplifting story you have shared with us, thank you.

Im in the middle of my journey with my double mascectomy and reconstruction to be carried out later this year.  I have the braca2 gene which is why I have decided to have this surgery.

All the best to you,

Love lynne xxx

Ps huggles too!!!