cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Long Wait continues

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: The Long Wait continues

thanks all done now onwards and upwards with the treatment I go for follow up on the 18th .. 2 days after my birthday ! lets hope its a good present

R

Highlighted

Good luck today Rowan 🙂 x

Highlighted

Thank you Looby xx

Highlighted

Good luck Rowan, I will be thinking of you tomorrow x
Highlighted

Well my surgery is tomorrow now , wish me luck !!! I will post here once I am home and feeling human again , I think this has to be the worst part  I am sure it will feel much better to know the that the breast has gone and the rest of the treatment can start . My NLP  recordings have helped alot and I feel calm ish LOL

Highlighted

Thanks , will google  for the bras ,

mouth not feeling to bad today I just needed to get dental work done before chemo , used to be a real baby about going to the dentist but all this kinda puts that into perspective

Highlighted

Amoena was recommended to me and I find their post surgery and sleep bras very comfy post double MX and snb. Button up pjs and for that matter tops also mean u dont have to stretch getting dressed. I also took ear plugs and eye mask in an attempt to get a good nights sleep! Also took arnica tablets although good idea to open bottle before surgery I belatedly discovered!!! Good luck

Highlighted

Hi Rowan

I have attached a link to our publication "Your operation and recovery" as I thought it may be helpful:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/your_operation_and_recovery_bcc151_0.pdf

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Highlighted

Hi Rowan, I'm going into hospital today and have received lots of helpful information on what to take in with me from the BCN and the hospital. I was given a brouchure to look through with suggestions of bras to buy and even swimwear. Can't imagine I will be doing that for a while! I'm due to have a theraputic mammoplastic, today and I have to say yesterday I was a complete emotional wreck, whereas today I feel much more in control, even having time to type this to you. I would ring your BCN if you have any questions, they are so helpful. Good luck with your surgery I hope all goes well for you. Sorry to hear  about your teeth that sounded painful too! 

Highlighted

The Long Wait continues

going for mastectomy and axillary node clearance on the 3rd of December , I decided against chemo first and just wanted to get it out , also decided against immediate reconstruction.

I am preparing myself mentally but not sure what to take into hospital and what bra to buy and where from .

I have support from my fella but he lives 1 hour away so its phone and chat on internet , lots of time on my own dwelling and trying t stay positive .

Today I had dental treatment extractions to teeth at the back that hadnt been able to be filled ... feeling a bit sore in the mouth now as anaesthetic wears off ...

Oh well tomorrow is another day closer to surgery and fighting on

R