Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Times

5 REPLIES 5
Anniej
Community Champion

Re: The Times

Yes, it's good that someone in the public eye is prepared to talk about BC. However, I read the description of her giving herself a gsf injection, and to be honest, I was a bit taken aback. I didn't think my needle was enormous, nor was it dripping with serum! Think that might put people off!!! Hope the rest of the book is less dramatic. X

WhyteFawn

Hi Chaffinch17

Yes I'm thinking about reading her book too. I watched the videos a couple of weeks ago and liked them as they were just completely honest about everything she was feeling.
Chaffinch17

I have now read the article in the Times and I think that her book might be worth a read. The extracts of her diary are very honest and seem to express how a lot of us are feeling going through this unwanted detour in our lives.
CherryBakewell

Hi Both

I've posted about her YouTube videos before as I found them very helpful and demystifying so would definitely recommend a watch to anyone reading this thread. I think a lot of the anxiety around cancer treatment is because you just don't know what to expect, so her experiences were a useful insight. 

Chaffinch17

I have watched them too and she is being interviewed at a local literature festival in October. I am tempted to go and watch. I think that it is important, for those who feel able, to be as open as possible to help publicise what is involved in the treatment of BC. It takes the myths and some of the fear away.
WhyteFawn

The Times

Hi everyone

Today's copy of The Times has an interview with Victoria Derbyshire about her BC treatment. I've watched het Cancer Diary videos on youtube too which are just very open and honest. It doesn't mean everyone's journey will be the same but she's very open about what she went through.

Cassie x