Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The beginning of my journey

5 REPLIES 5
Karent

Re: The beginning of my journey

Hi avril

I had the fec-t last May my advice is drink plenty of water couple days before your chemo and couple days after this will flush it out quicker and help with the headaches certainly helped me , the t was far easier for me with minimal side effects but I know everyone different.

Don't be frightened to ask anything

Big hug

Karen xx
Karent

Morning Sally

Sorry you have just been diagnosed with bc there are lots of advice on here don't be frightened to ask I had just found out I had secondary bc and was quite down but the ladies on here hVe been great. I also live in Nottinghamshire

Talk soon

Big hug

Karen xx
Sally44

Hello I'm Sally. I'm 25 and was diagnosed with breast cancer on 13th July 2016. I was hoping to join a forum to talk to people in similar situations to me. I know very little about my case at the moment, other than they think they've caught it early. I went to Nottingham yesterday to see a genetics councillor to see whether I have BRCA1/2 and two other gene mutations. Xx
akingshott70

Thank you for your reply,  the month had a lot going on, i did return to work but that was too soon so signed off again. I have to have a bone scan and a ct scan, and yesterday I started my first cycle of chemo fec-t. Today I don't feel very special,  spliting headache, sick and my scalp feels sore. I hope I don't feel like this each time.

Jobey68

Hi Avril, I'm sorry you find yourself here but a warm welcome anyway, as they have found cancer cells in your lymph glands this basically means that they had started to spread outside of the tumour in your breast and the lymph nodes job is to trap them before they go off around your body, I know it can sound alarming but many many ladies here have had a number of nodes affected but have gone on with treatment to make a full recovery, trust in the team looking after you and keep in touch with us here as there is always someone available to listen and answer any questions, between us all we have been through the lot! XxJo 

akingshott70

The beginning of my journey

Hi I am Avril and was diagnosed with grade 2 invasive ductal breast cancer on June 2nd 2016 I have had a mastectomy,  went for my results and was told i have grade 3 cancer. 7 out of 9 lymph nodes including apical nodes have been replaced with metastatic diseases. Can anyone tell me what this means?