The best treatment - guidelines . Info to read

Hi,
not sure if anyone read the fairly informative pull out in the Telegraph on breast and prostate cancer, dated 12 October. In this it mentioned that you can download/read a copy of ‘The Best Treatment Guidelines’ published by Breakthrough breast cancer. There is one for England and Wales and a separate one for those of you over the border in Scotland. Not much difference between the two but a bit more on how much rads you get and a chart on the Scottish one. Some of the times for treatment also vary between individual countries too.

A warning this is information with some comments that might not be best for everyone to read. I have already read a lot of frank books but still had a bit of a swallow on a couple of statements. So please don’t just be curious if you don’t like facts and statements that reflect your current state. Do read if you want to harangue your onc or find out current guidelines. Especially leave it till later if a bit low right now or you are happier just thinking I am early so I am fine. It will still be there when you want it, why not download it and not open it for a bit.
Bits I found might help some people are

Dept of health regulations say hospitals can’t charge for drugs taken on the premises, only for drugs taken away. So that means if you are paying, if you can take a tablet there they can’t charge.

Incapacity benefit is not just for people who were working. It can also be claimed by people who are not employed or not working. Extra for some people with kids or a partner over 60. I was told it is automatic when I rang them for the basic part?

Hope this is of use, people who like to be in the know and proactive can also get copies of the guidelines on some interesting things
Enjoy or ignore, it very well may upset sensitive people.
Lily x

Hi,
sorry peabrain forgot the link. Well I did have chemo this afternoon, so not fully functioning on all barrels.

www.breakthrough.org.uk

then look for ’ the best treatment guidelines’. One of the England and Wales links doesn’t work but the other one does
Lily x

Hi Lilly: As a want to know everything person, will give this a go. I always think it is better to know and then, as you say, you have a chance of understanding what is happening to you and why.

Will let you know how I get on!

LOL

Julia

Hi: Read it all, most of it I had seen before, but it is useful to know. About time they came up with better drugs that don’t knock seven bells out of you.

LOL

J